The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like it! It somehow 'flows' nicely. And I'm sure if you were to see it in person it has road presence and the ability to turn heads.
Assuming it will have the famed Lotus handling, I just hope it comes with enough oumph to play in the Ferrari/Lambo/Mclaren league.

·
Registered
168 Posts
For some reason it reminds me of a 2005 Ferrari F430. In Ardent Red, at a distance .....
I am not a big fan, but it sure fits the target group (Ferrari owners).
Plus: I remember not liking the pics of the Evora, but being amazed by it in real.
This could do the same: look not so great on pics and be a beautiful volume.
It might also look much more agressive in flashy colors.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IMHO its looks like a decent mix of the original Esprit, current lambo, Ferrari and Mc Laren

To me, with a nice sculpted body and a V8, this would be a winner for Lotus

This still looks like one of many early "made-in-Lotus Photoshop", thought.
The kind of pics the lotus designers do in great amounts to give Management a lot of options without havin to build a model.
I will not be surprised if the 2012 Esprit is a total surprise in the end.

·
Registered
903 Posts
aye,... color me skeptical. Not calling anyone or their friend a liar.. but looks like a CGI render for an early prototype. It's been "going by the internal codename MSC which stands for mid engined super car" for 5 or more years now. Here's an article from 06 citing the MSC name:
SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster and Lotus Esprit

Here's all the prototypes and concepts as well as the same picture you posted earlier that a friend sent you:
New Lotus Esprit 2012

·
Registered
3,871 Posts

i got this from a buddy lets leave it at that
aye,... color me skeptical. Not calling anyone or their friend a liar.. but looks like a CGI render for an early prototype. It's been "going by the internal codename MSC which stands for mid engined super car" for 5 or more years now. Here's an article from 06 citing the MSC name:
SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster and Lotus Esprit

Here's all the prototypes and concepts as well as the same picture you posted earlier that a friend sent you:
New Lotus Esprit 2012
The 1st picture is just a clay model of what Lotus wants the new Esprit replacement to look like and has been around for at least 4 years. I'm sure by now Lotus has made some changes to it.

Those links on the second post was dead on arrival and was never close.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the looks of the 08 Esprit with the side scoops, but it says that the ditched them for aerodynamic purposes... Which I guess stick more true to the car.. To bad its out of the price range for a bit...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unless I can't see the pictures clearly, the lower front right air intake doesn't appear to be there. On purpose, or sloppy photoshop work?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No side intakes? I like.
I like the general shape of the front end.

Wait intakes look like they're behind the windows.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i did not like the evora untill i saw it then it was love at first sight then i drove it and was like i can not go a day with out this car..... this car, knowing lotus will be the same way, and i will have that book in a few days he is droping it in the mail today

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think that picture will be as similiar as the Eagle compared to the Evora and the final version will be close but not exactly the same.

That last Evo report mentioned a Turbo V8 in the Esprit so if they use the ISF V8 which is rated at just over 400 I would have to assume with the turbo it would produce between 550-600hp, correct? Then it would be a real player and I could lust one. Two more months!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I think that picture will be as similiar as the Eagle compared to the Evora and the final version will be close but not exactly the same.

That last Evo report mentioned a Turbo V8 in the Esprit so if they use the ISF V8 which is rated at just over 400 I would have to assume with the turbo it would produce between 550-600hp, correct? Then it would be a real player and I could lust one. Two more months!
: DAYS 34 : HOURS 21 : MINUTES 20 : SECONDS 35

·
Registered
42 Posts
im really excited to see the new esprit. But i cant help but think it wont live up to the original esprit. When is the paris motorshow?

·
Registered
7 Posts

i got this from a buddy lets leave it at that
If this wasn't a Lotus design, I would think it looks very nice, but I can't help feeling a little underwhelmed. Maybe Lotus spoiled us with the Elise and Exige design (I like the new Europa too), but I was very disappointed with the looks of the Evora (haven't seen one up close yet) and I'm just a bit underwhelmed with this new Esprit. I'll say it again, that it's not a bad design, but it's a bit plain for a newer Lotus, not to mention that it doesn't look the Esprit at all. Hopefully the rear looks good.

I am also reminded of the F430 and 458 with this design, more Ferrari-esque than Lamborghini-ish. To me, it's a F430/458 + Evora, styling-wise, very modest, something that will pair well with the high performance expected.

·
Registered
42 Posts
im a little worried that lotus going head to head at a £150,000 price range is a bad idea. This esprit looks to much like a ferrari or lambo. It just doesnt have the name. Sure lotus are a respected mark. But the majority would choose a ferrari or lambo over the esprit. Lotus do well in the affordable sports car market im worried this will turn out as a flop. it doesnt look like an esprit and it sounds like its going to be priced much higher to. IMO the elise/exige are better looking than alot of the higher performance cars. I have seen an evora and sat in it. It is quite a nice looking car but rather plain.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts