The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
It doesn't appear to even have any side intakes at all. If it had some nice deep lambo/ferrari side intakes it make look better.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
^^ we haven't seen it yet... so ...patience!

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Lotus needs to keep it real. If the Evora flew off the lots like hotcakes, they could spread their wings a bit more. But, many folks, like me, a 5+ yr Elise owner, looked and drove the Evora and came away really liking it, but not loving it enough to make that irrational "I want one Now!" purchase like we did with our Elises when they came out. At 70K I like the Evora, at 85K I'll wait. Same thing will happen to a new Esprit if they reach too high. Honestly, I don't think the Toyota (or Lexus) name on the motor help much. All of us Elise / Exige owners are still annoyed by the lack of tunability in the motor. Let's hear the numbers people consider appropriate for a new Esprit. That should tell us ALOT!

·
Registered
948 Posts
It would be nice to see an LFA engine V10 into the new Esprit especially for the sound music it does but my guess is that the Esprit will have an ISF V8 engine.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
We did see in the lotus sport hang out in the factory many months ago a rather large lump of a motor.....we thought then...this is for the esp....top secret then!!!...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It doesn't appear to even have any side intakes at all. If it had some nice deep lambo/ferrari side intakes it make look better.
It has the intake just like the 458 has... blended in to the buttresses in the windows.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Their price is more than reasonable. The performance figures are much better than the price they are asking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
he 2011 Elise will likely be built upon an evolved version of the current model's extruded-aluminum underpinnings and continue the same formula that's made the pint-sized sport scar a track day fave, but the Esprit will be a wholly different beast.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts