Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe....

Attachments

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
The front end looks CGTish while the back is rather Lambo. Interesting.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm gonna guess, not quite, for two reasons...

1. We didn't know what the Evora looked like until a couple of weeks before its launch. No reason to think the launch of the new Esprit will be any different.

2. And... It doesn't have the traditional Lotus "maw"... or front air inlet. I believe every Lotus has had it, except for maybe the series 1-3 Esprits, ironically, and early Excels.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If it isn't, they did a bang up job of knocking off the V8 Esprit rear quarter window/scoop. The area behind the side window, above the "Gallardo scoop" is a dead ringer for a V8 Esprit.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
This isn't fooling me at all.

- The rear portion of the car is a Gallardo with an Elise-style fuel door slapped on it.

-The side intake below the door is straight from a Murcielago LP640.

- The side mirrors are straight from a Spyker C8 with a little added exterior texture and look.

- The very front-most end and front intakes are based off of an image from a 911 turbo/comparable Porsche and slightly morphed to appear like something different.

And the head lights I do not recognize.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
2. And... It doesn't have the traditional Lotus "maw"... or front air inlet. I believe every Lotus has had it, except for maybe the series 1-3 Esprits, ironically, and early Excels.
Bingo. The front air inlet will be and has been a Lotus trade mark, if you will, and the new Esprit will undoubtedly have this also...nice try though :shrug:

·
Registered
571 Posts
the door sills on the fake are enormous! looks incredibly difficult to enter and exit

·
Registered
201 Posts
That car is a '56' registration which means the latter 6 months of 2006. Lotus wouldn't be driving around in a mule which resembles the finished product 6 years before it's release!

·
Registered
19 Posts
maybe....
:crazyeyes This car are not the "futur" Lotus Esprit, but just a "LARAKI"... A hold design Maroco car, from the young designer "Laraki"...
She's big, and too fat.... and not very beaufifull in real condition..... She was exposed to the "Mondial de l'auto" show car in Paris, in 2004... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:crazyeyes This car are not the "futur" Lotus Esprit, but just a "LARAKI"... A hold design Maroco car, from the young designer "Laraki"...
She's big, and too fat.... and not very beaufifull in real condition..... She was exposed to the "Mondial de l'auto" show car in Paris, in 2004... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
:clap::clap:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i saw the photo on another site and thought id have some fun...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hmmm. Looks nice. :)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts