The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is tempting. What do you all know, or think, of it? Assembled with care or #1 with bugs?

Autosport Designs

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Isn't the GP just an Evora S with special paint and trim, and all option packages? So it shouldn't be assembled any differently than any others. I would be more interested to know what, if any, niggles have been found and fixed. And if those are the original Corsas, they are likely toast by now and will be nearly $4K to replace, assuming you want and can find them. If you like it, go for it. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point on std S. I'm sure those tires are toast! I wonder if this is the MY11 or 12 grade leather inside, being #1?

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
There is another one for sale in buffalo NY at the new lotus dealer mike barney. Lotus of western NY. I bet they would like to make some quick sales being a new dealer..get em in a price war!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
865 Posts
It looks like a fairly good deal to me. Looking at the photos, those tires look like they will need replacing pretty quick. I find it interesting that as a MY12 it doesn't have the battery cover that allows for easy access from the trunk. Perhaps that was a mid-model year change like the door locks? I can't remember. Otherwise, I like the styling and how the gold highlights the body lines on the black exterior. The thing I love the most about the GP cars are the extra embroidering on the seats, as small of a feature as it is.

I'm a fan of it. I say buy it.

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
Found the title interesting as according to the factory, I got and still have #1. Then I read the letters in the ad and see that the sale is for #2. It looks in great condition. I must say that mine has a little driver seat side bolster wear. Interesting that this is listed for sale now...

In answer to some of the questions asked. The battery cover placement to outside of carpet was a mid-late year running change, about same time as elimination of door lock posts. Interior is an interesting hybrid. erials are of '12 supply and quality but style while unique to the GP has some '11 features, thus is because the uk and euro production run was done towards the end of the '11 model year. I think September or October wAs when I visited factory and the cars were at end of production line. The Canadian cars were run next Followed by the US cars starting in December. For example as we had a special covering and stitching on the steering wheel we all got the '11 grip frame.

Maybe I should buy either #2 so as to own gage 1st two or purchase #14 to get the 1st and last. .. Or I keep 1st and ex gets last ...

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
The owner is still active on this site.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I was wondering about the 2 #1s. ;-) Thought it was yours.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
865 Posts
I think what the ad is saying is that the car is one of the fourteen GP cars, but is #2 in the build order. That's the way I read it :shrug:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. I've seen one of the GPs in real life - very nice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Seen this car in person. It is beautiful....a little much for my taste...but if you fancy this color scheme, there car is in good order.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Maybe I should buy either #2 so as to own gage 1st two or purchase #14 to get the 1st and last. .. Or I keep 1st and ex gets last ...
My ex got the first, last and everything in between. I walked away with all the debt. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts