The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer just emailed me and asked me when I could bring my S in for a 'small safety recall'. Does anyone know about a 2012 recall?

I know about the 2011 oil line recall, has it been extended to the 2012 S? Or maybe they are just being proactive...

·
Registered
9 Posts
oil lines recall its not the same one

its not the same one this one is the VVTS line the other one was for oil cooler lines i even had another go that was never mentioned under the engine to oil pump have had at least 4 lines changed now and this being done on tueday next week , still love the car

·
Registered
138 Posts
Some 2012 are concerned by the first recall you mentioned. Mine is a '12 S IPS and I've just received the letter from Lotus cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just received it too booked in for next week Tuesday, nothing is as fast point to point across uneven country roads full of pot holes its as smooth as my Range Rover and corners like nothing on earth across the bumps, keep trying to find a replacement but its still on its own in this department even if there are some much faster cars around.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
its not the same one this one is the VVTS line the other one was for oil cooler lines i even had another go that was never mentioned under the engine to oil pump have had at least 4 lines changed now and this being done on tueday next week , still love the car
Here are some periods: ................

Feel free to use them in your posts.

·
Illegal Alien
5,079 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
5,079 Posts
Anything more official to post on this? The prior 2011 recall was for the oil feed lines to the VVTS as extracted:

" NHTSA Campaign Number: 12V477000
LOTUS IS RECALLING MODEL YEAR 2011 EVORA SUPERCHARGED VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM
FEBRUARY 2011 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 2011.

These vehicles maybe equipped with a three-piece oil feed pipe with a flexible hose section. This engine mounted oil feed pipe, used to supply oil to the engine cylinder head, can rupture. "

Here in this thread it is now being called prior oil cooler line recall and now VVTS line recall. As the Evora never had an oil cooler line recall, I tend to believe this is one and the same as last month’s report.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Anything more official to post on this? The prior 2011 recall was for the oil feed lines to the VVTS as extracted:

" NHTSA Campaign Number: 12V477000
LOTUS IS RECALLING MODEL YEAR 2011 EVORA SUPERCHARGED VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM
FEBRUARY 2011 THROUGH SEPTEMBER 2011.

These vehicles maybe equipped with a three-piece oil feed pipe with a flexible hose section. This engine mounted oil feed pipe, used to supply oil to the engine cylinder head, can rupture. "

Here in this thread it is now being called prior oil cooler line recall and now VVTS line recall. As the Evora never had an oil cooler line recall, I tend to believe this is one and the same as last month’s report.
It is one and the same! Here is a picture of the oilline that has to be replaced

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts