The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I ordered the three button part (seat heater buttons and one trunk release button) Part # A132MO229F, $120.00. I was told by the parts department and some of the people at lotus that it was a plug and play install, for a 2011 (July 2010 build car) or later build date car. I can now tell you that this is not true, after the dash panel on the right of the steering wheel was pulled off. It was clear that there is no wiring harness to plug the new three switch panel into.
So I now have a three button switch part if any one would like it, let me know.
Ron:shrug:

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well that's not good. Can't you send it back to the dealer. Do they sell just the one button trunk release button? I don't have the heated seats.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they will not take it back, and it only comes with three buttons. If the trunk button had worked I would have had the two seat buttons that would not have done any thing.
Ron

·
Registered
689 Posts
Jaws ,
The other thread is very informative. I am coming to the conclusion that just using the fob to open the boot is about as technical as I am capable.. I was hoping that we could place a magnetic switch inside the boot by the latch and just get in close proximity to the latch without touching the car and magic... the trunk latch clicks open. At least James Bond would have that by now. he He . I guess I'll have to make sure I don't lock my keys in the Boot while the front cabin is all locked up and alarm set. Ugh. Opening the Boot of the Elise was easy with the key especially at Car Shows where I kept getting into the Boot. Come on now you bright electrical wiring engineers out there. "Get Er Done" for us...!!:UK:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
200 Posts
If your car was fully loaded it would have had it. However, the option wasn't even available in July 2010 let alone prewired in the car.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If your car was fully loaded it would have had it. However, the option wasn't even available in July 2010 let alone prewired in the car.
My car had all of the options that you could order in the US except power folding mirrors (I just added the new switch, so I now have them). So i was going by what i was told by the parts department and some of the people at Lotus, they said the wiring harness was changed to include the trunk release, for all 2011 model cars. So that is why I gave it a try.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Well, it's great to see what the part looks like.. Unfortunately without access to the pinouts, I wouldn't know how to use them if I had extra buttons to spare for other enhancements made to the car. I was really interested in buying this set of buttons for other purposes...

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Squid I thought the exact same thing - 1, exhaust valve switch, 2 - engine start, 3 - trunk.

Though I went with another setup for the exhaust so I don't need that one any more and I have NO idea how to make an engine start button work so I decided to just leave it be :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
My car had all of the options that you could order in the US except power folding mirrors (I just added the new switch, so I now have them). So i was going by what i was told by the parts department and some of the people at Lotus, they said the wiring harness was changed to include the trunk release, for all 2011 model cars. So that is why I gave it a try.
I might be able to shed light on the confusion then, they probably would have meant build year 2011. In the UK, there isn't so much interest for Model Year changes as there is in the US and Asia. If you asked someone in the UK their car's Model Year, the majority wouldn't have a clue. They'd simply just tell you the age when it was registered/built. In your case - a 2010.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might be able to shed light on the confusion then, they probably would have meant build year 2011. In the UK, there isn't so much interest for Model Year changes as there is in the US and Asia. If you asked someone in the UK their car's Model Year, the majority wouldn't have a clue. They'd simply just tell you the age when it was registered/built. In your case - a 2010.
I do get what you are talking about, however I was told by Lotus USA, and by looking at my build date sticker on my door jam. That my car is registered as a 2011 model year car. They said the switch over from 2010 to 2011 was July 1 2010, and my car was built the second week of July.

·
Illegal Alien
4,773 Posts
I do get what you are talking about, however I was told by Lotus USA, and by looking at my build date sticker on my door jam. That my car is registered as a 2011 model year car. They said the switch over from 2010 to 2011 was July 1 2010, and my car was built the second week of July.
They had some old parts left over to use up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Model Year change was then. However, that particular option was introduced later on in 2010. October/November from memory.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts