The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking around here for a while but today is a good day as my brother is picking up his 2013 Evora S in Ardent red with 6K miles. Will post pictures when we bring it home in few hours.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,471 Posts
Yes, congrats, which one do we cross off the availble list? The manual one in Georgia with suedetex?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Manual in Atlanta with sued leather finish. I own a 2014 cayman and my brother got this beautiful Evora. I gotta say Evora makes my cayman look like a beetle :) (love the cayman though) we'll go out and take some pics tomorrow. There are some quirks I noticed with it. Will write about Evora experience once I get to my computer.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Yes. Manual in Atlanta with sued leather finish. I own a 2014 cayman and my brother got this beautiful Evora. I gotta say Evora makes my cayman look like a beetle :) (love the cayman though) we'll go out and take some pics tomorrow. There are some quirks I noticed with it. Will write about Evora experience once I get to my computer.
I came from a 911 and it's a completely different animal but I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back home after a long drive in some twisty north georgia roads. One thing I gotta agree with rpolin Lotus is a different beast compared to my cayman. The experience is so much more natural and in tune with the road. I started to like how evora sounds and the supercharger hum is great but I gotta say cayman sounds much better than the evora. Flat 6 definitely much better sounding than Evora's engine. While both cars have very precise steering Evora's steering is at a totally different level. Hydraulic vs electric is totally obvious. Both cars turn equally good but seemed like cayman has lil bit understeer at high speeds where evora doesn't or much less.
I thing I noticed in my brothers evora is that if I'm in higher gear and less speed and I don't down shift but just hit the throttle, there is some noise that seems to be coming from either the exhaust (like it loose it something) or somewhere else from the engine area. Not sure what's that. Overall evora is special :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Vin, nice write up ... I'm a former Elise owner that has also been mostly lurking on the Evora board for a year or so. I may finally be ready to pull the trigger, want a 12 or 13 S 2+2, and had that Atlanta car on my watch list. Beautiful machine, sounds like she went to a good home!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Vin, nice write up ... I'm a former Elise owner that has also been mostly lurking on the Evora board for a year or so. I may finally be ready to pull the trigger, want a 12 or 13 S 2+2, and had that Atlanta car on my watch list. Beautiful machine, sounds like she went to a good home!
We had our eyes on Atlanta one and the one in Newport beach rolls Royce dealership (that's an IPS). If you don't mind IPS that's a good deal.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Vini,

I was at Motorcars of Georgia yesterday having my Evora looked at for warranty work. Saw the red Evora backing up as I left.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vini,

I was at Motorcars of Georgia yesterday having my Evora looked at for warranty work. Saw the red Evora backing up as I left.
Oh yeah? What color is your Evora? I need some warranty work done too. There is crack on the A pillar trim piece and also there is a crack on the trim piece in the back area over the engine. That area I noticed gets pretty hot and that might be a trim that would need replacement every year or so. Any body else have that problem? Also is there any fix for the rattling sound when you hit throttle at higher gears at low RPM?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Oh yeah? What color is your Evora? I need some warranty work done too. There is crack on the A pillar trim piece and also there is a crack on the trim piece in the back area over the engine. That area I noticed gets pretty hot and that might be a trim that would need replacement every year or so. Any body else have that problem? Also is there any fix for the rattling sound when you hit throttle at higher gears at low RPM?
My car is Persian Blue. Was pulling out from the overhang when I saw the red Evora backing up.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
haven't driven the Cayman's much but these Evora's are a lot more connected than the Porsche product these days. P car's are still a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
ENJOY!! A picture of a Red and Persian Blue together with a White one would be pretty cool

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah it's just matter of time before we start looking at exhausts :)
Couple of questions.

Did you push the "Sport" button On and Off while driving the car to hear and feel the difference?

The rattling noise could be some bad or low octane gas in the car, lugging a supercharged engine in high gear can cause the engine to sound like it's got some loose BB's in the cylinders. Run most of the old gas out and put some good Texaco or Mobile gas in the car and see if that makes a difference. Either way, it's not good to lug a supercharged engine in high gear with the compression they make. Looking for those pictures! ;)

:up:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.