The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 317 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
He gets paid nothing like the RedBull and Ferrari teams; my fear now is that Lotus Team will try to retain him by upping salary and diverting even more money from the F1 development program.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
4 races in and Lotus is in 2nd in both Team and Driver.

Compared to Ferrari and Red Bull they are also the most consistent, although we risk that Ferrari will shoot ahead if they can stop breaking things.

Average points per race RB 27.25, Lotus 23.25 and Ferrari 19.25 but more telling are the standard deviations denoting spread in scoring race to race, driver to driver, tighter relates to consistency, which is good unless one is consistently last: Lotus 8.1, Red Bull 13.1 and Ferrari 14.4. If Grosjean’s complaints that his early car was not right are true, as it seems validated with his chassis #2 improvement last weekend then Lotus could well move forward with even higher points per race and a tighter spread. Enough to catch Red Bull ???, Enough to fend of a Ferrari surge, lets hope.

·
Registered
215 Posts
He gets paid nothing like the RedBull and Ferrari teams; my fear now is that Lotus Team will try to retain him by upping salary and diverting even more money from the F1 development program.
Not sure money teams pay the drivers would be all that important at this level. As with most athletes a good portion of income comes through sponsorships. Remember, Kimi left Ferrari which pays very well.

See list shown here...
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/180405/1/f1_2012_driver_salaries_revealed_-_but_who_earns_most.html

Interestingly, Vet isn't the top paid driver. But I'm sure he makes more than what is shown here.

I would think chance at being World Champion goes a long way in the minds of these drivers. Hopefully, Lotus can prove competitive enough to keep top talent. Driver money will follow the title and personality. Kimi is well liked (for the moment), he should be milking this financially.

Just some thoughts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
This has definitely been a great season to be a Kimi and Lotus fan this year! It is fun knowing that they have a competitive car and are in every race!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Kimi's placed 4th for the race tomorrow, I'm hoping he can pull a win out! It seems lately like he's a much better racer than qualifier.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Assuming Lotus keeps their tire management advantage, this second row start should put him in serious contention. I'm also hoping for a top 5 spot for RoGro.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
More points spread on Vettel, that is a win. Unfortunately Ferrari has come out of the break in great form

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Agreed, anything over Seb is good! I'm actually in London now and was only able to catch the end of the race, what happened to RoGro?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Unfortunately I only caught the last 40ish laps, I missed what happened with Romain.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Alonso had a great race and I'm all for Ferrari over red bull... would've preferred lotus but great showing by kimi...shame about romain bigtime. Hopefully kimi can stay consistent and keep racking up the points! Overall I was happy with the race

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The race was pretty exciting, well until Alonso locked it in. Like said above, I'm glad it was Alonso (or anyone for that matter) and not Vettal. As long as Kimi keeps getting podiums I'm happy. But again with more talk about Kimi leaving Lotus for Redbull, hopefully it's only people stirring the pot.

·
not your dad's puns
1,752 Posts
61 - 80 of 317 Posts