The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Lost my respect for Alonso when he cut off Massa in the China race going into the pits, some three years ago.

Then Massa led another race for almost 57 laps when the team asked him to back down and let Alonso to slip past him and win. WRONG!

I was so/so on Vettel but when he stole that race away from Webber in my own opinion he joined the rank of Alonso screwing his team mate. NO respect!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I most likely won't be able to catch this race until I get back. I gotta stay strong and not check this thread!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Exciting qualifying this morning, the Lotus guys worked really hard and got RoGro out into Q3 with 4 minutes to go. I actually wished I could have watched them work instead of the other cars circulate. And a Caterham got P15!

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
1st race of the season i didnt watch in real time, and look what happened; although Kimi pulled off a point after being forced into a tire change.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I was out of town and had to record the race, but the red flag incident changed the length of the race and screwed up the recording. I saw a recap but must have missed what happened to Kimi, cause I was shocked when I finally saw the final results!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
After the tire change, in the last few laps, I was surprised he did so well.

·
Illegal Alien
4,690 Posts
Tire change was unplanned after Perez barged into the corner and cut the Kimi’s tire on lap 70. Kimi fell back to 16th place from 5th after pitting on lap 71, lap 74 he posts fastest lap of day, got back to 11th before the final lap and climbed to 10th before the finish. While coverage showed the contact, it did not cover any of the aftermath.

Remember prior to the race Red Bull and Ferrari filed a protest against illegal tire testing by Mercedes (3 days with Pirelli after the Spanish GP). Mercedes did seem to change their luck from great qualifying but tire degradation during racing to now having no tire issues during this race. So more to come.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
There's good aggressive racing, and then there is stupid aggression ... Perez chose the path of stupidity. Alonso, Button, and Kimi are wondering who was keeping "the" Perez family brain cell during that race.

That video was the 2nd or 3rd failed attempt by Perez, the 1st attempt Perez was going to destroy both cars but Kimi saw the bonzi move coming and elected to NOT turn in and get hammered by an out of control Perez that wasn't going to make the corner under any stretch of the imagination.

I'm guessing Perez made his choices based on "hoping" Kimi was thinking championship while Perez has absolutely nothing to lose. Kimi summed it up best with his FB post "No penalty?!" I can't help think that if Perez had done that to a Ferrari, Perez would be sitting out a one race ban.

81 - 100 of 317 Posts