The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you already know, I recently parted ways with my Porsche 911 AWD Cabriolet. It was a great car and a lot of fun and I'm not here to bash the car in anyway because I can't. I truly loved it however I was in need of a change and to be honest, living in Fairfield County, CT, they are extremely common. You literally can't drive for more than 5 minutes without seeing at least 1 if not more and we won't even bother counting the Cayman's, Boxster's, Panamera's, etc.

So when the search began for a new car, I test drove everything but once I got behind the wheel of the Evora, the search was over. I am the very happy owner of a 2013 N/A IPS and the amount of looks and thumbs up I get is ridiculous.

The point of my story though, what really brought a huge smile to my face, was what happened this past Sunday when I was driving down I-95 with almost no traffic at all. I'm in the middle lane traveling at a speed we won't discuss when all of a sudden I see two cars coming up behind me pretty quick, both 911's. One a Targa (silver) and one a Turbo (black).

As soon as they get up to me, they both slow down big time and take a long stare at my Evora. Oh what a feeling baby! I don't think I have ever slowed down to take a look at a 911 before. As they were staring in awe, I dropped it down 2 gears and had some fun with them for the next couple of miles. :shift:

But for those of you that didn't get the point of my story, it was a treat to see a two Porsche's, one easily selling for $150k, stop to take a long look at the Evora. For those of you who question the continued existence of the exotic feel of the Lotus, trust me when I tell you it's still there. :nanner: :nanner: :nanner:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
So...what happened after you dropped two gears? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
So, now you can imagine what it is like to drive the Evora in Germany! P-cars are about as common in Hamburg as Volkswagens!

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
P-Cars *are* Volkswagens... just a little flatter and stretched out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I know what you are talking about! I've had my red S for less than two weeks and I have never had so much attention in any car, even my unique looking C6 Z06. While stopped at red lights, people crossing the street will give thumbs up, take pictures with their cell phones and shout out compliments. I go into businesses and when I come out people will be gathered around the car. When I go to the supermarket, people actually walking into the store will stop, turn around and stare at the car. I won't even mention how many chicks wave and smile as if they expect me to stop and give them a ride.

It's not only the rarity of the car but the lines, the shape and obvious differences with most other sports cars. I came out of the store the other day and their was a young boy (about 16) sitting next to the car just staring at it. When I walked up and began to open the door, he said he couldn't stop staring at the car, said it was the most beautiful car he has ever seen and had never seen another car that looks like it, that pretty much sums up why it attracts so many people. I assume if there were a lot of them around, people would get used of seeing them, but nobody I have spoken to said they ever saw a Lotus like this before and they just can't get over how beautiful it looks. I couldn't disagree with them! :D

:UK:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
always great to see another Porsche person try a Lotus. no apsersions to the P car, just would be nice to see Lotus peel off 5% plus of the market and make everyone try harder:)

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I move from a 911 Targa to my Evora a few years ago. I have experienced the exact same thing on the highway. Fantastic feeling :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know what you are talking about! I've had my red S for less than two weeks and I have never had so much attention in any car, even my unique looking C6 Z06. While stopped at red lights, people crossing the street will give thumbs up, take pictures with their cell phones and shout out compliments. I go into businesses and when I come out people will be gathered around the car. When I go to the supermarket, people actually walking into the store will stop, turn around and stare at the car. I won't even mention how many chicks wave and smile as if they expect me to stop and give them a ride.

It's not only the rarity of the car but the lines, the shape and obvious differences with most other sports cars. I came out of the store the other day and their was a young boy (about 16) sitting next to the car just staring at it. When I walked up and began to open the door, he said he couldn't stop staring at the car, said it was the most beautiful car he has ever seen and had never seen another car that looks like it, that pretty much sums up why it attracts so many people. I assume if there were a lot of them around, people would get used of seeing them, but nobody I have spoken to said they ever saw a Lotus like this before and they just can't get over how beautiful it looks. I couldn't disagree with them! :D

:UK:

You should drive an Atom for a day. I'm looking to buy an Evora, but trying to avoid the attention. Well I guess at least people won't ask if it's the bat mobile...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts