The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Our photographers caught pictures of the 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 today, and in the spy photos you can see an unmasked version of the front spoiler.

The same outlet we’ve seen on the front of the car in previous glimpses is present to push air over the car and increase downforce at high speeds. This time we also see the car wearing a large rear wing missing in previous shots. With nothing actually covered, this is probably the closest version to the actual production model before pictures of a fully finished version start to circulate.

With an expected 450 hp coming from its naturally aspirated flat six, the new GT3 will be more athletic than its predecesor and certainly the best 911 to date.
See all the 2013 Porsche GT3 Photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
668 Posts
haha.... same car. my friend has one.. oh wait he bought it in 2000.. now i am confused... it looks just like his :) kidding.

i wonder if porsche enthusiasts want a change or not... i wonder if they are really happy. at the end of the day. its better for the people that buy them used... they all look alike besides the 100k difference in price.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Looks great to me! Somehow a little Panamera-ish from that angle and in that colour. Though the 997 was perfect, I don't know how they could improve on that.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Meh. Seen one Porsche, seen em all......for like the past 30 years. Too subtle of differences between models for that period of time.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I heard that unlike the last version, which was only equipped with 24" high door lettering to differentiate itself from the base model; this version will tow one of those giant airplane banners displaying the model name.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I like it better the first time....when it was called the last 911! :)

Seriously, I get the whole 'timeless design', but can they really be saying 'new'? It's the same stuff. Maybe I need to see it in the crazy colors they usually do GT3s in.

But if you look at the rear bumper (under the spoiler), it almost has a little Cayman in it. The old 911s had one continuous line from top of rear glass to tail. This one almost has a divided 'bump' like the Cayman.

And the front? Yep, Panamera. Let's say the 911 never existed - only the Panamera. Take your left hand. Cover the spoiler. Look at the car. To me it looks like the Panamera was their flagship car. They then created a coupe version of the Panamera. This is it.

The Panamera has really grown on me. Granted, I have 3 kids, so that size is needed, but I would say, I rank the Porsche models in this order (purely subjective):

- Belk or Vintage Spyder 550
- Belk 904
- 918 Spyder
- Boxster Spyder
- Cayman R
- Panamera
- Cayman S
- 911 Everything
- Cayman
- Boxster
- Cayenne

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Say what you will, the GT3 is simply one of the best cars I have ever driven/owned, and guess what? Porsche will make a handsome profit selling them and each and everyone will be spoken for.
I always felt the car was more stable in turns than the Elise, and acceleration and top end to boot.
How many times has the GT3 been Evo COTY?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
The story of 911s all being the same simply refers to the basic silhouette.

If you look at the 996 versions they look like a bar of soap. Not very attractive to my eye. The 997 versions began in 2005 or 6 and look quite a lot better.

The GT3 got an upgrade in 2010 and now this one. Personally, I love them. I just wish I could easily afford one...

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Say what you will, the GT3 is simply one of the best cars I have ever driven/owned, and guess what? Porsche will make a handsome profit selling them and each and everyone will be spoken for.
I always felt the car was more stable in turns than the Elise, and acceleration and top end to boot.
How many times has the GT3 been Evo COTY?
Of course.

But aren't they a hell of a lot more than an Elise? A precursory view says that they (in typical Porsche fashion) range from $120-185K.

So, yes, get what you pay for I suppose. I'd expect it to be a hell of a lot better in every way for 2-4X the price of an Elise, depending on model.

·
Registered
944 Posts
You can purchase a lightly used 997 C2S for new Elise money. It's not the GT3 but, still huge performance!

Of course.

But aren't they a hell of a lot more than an Elise? A precursory view says that they (in typical Porsche fashion) range from $120-185K.

So, yes, get what you pay for I suppose. I'd expect it to be a hell of a lot better in every way for 2-4X the price of an Elise, depending on model.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts