The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May have an issue. How long does it take your unit to thread through the Lotus logo, and then be able to use the back-up camera ? Seems like mine takes forever, and on occasion cycles more than once from the Lotus logo. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
May have an issue. How long does it take your unit to thread through the Lotus logo, and then be able to use the back-up camera ? Seems like mine takes forever, and on occasion cycles more than once from the Lotus logo. Thanks.
What I'm wondering is why Lotus started installing the Alpine again in the later cars, the Pioneer is easier to operate and program? When I went to the dealer for the first service a couple of weeks ago and told them many of the Evora's have problems with the subwoofer from the factory as mine did, the sales manager started checking all seven of the Evora's he had in the showroom to see if their subwoofers worked. Several cars had Pioneer systems and it was easy to get to the "settings" and check the subs, I believe two out of four were bad. When he tried to find the "settings" on the Alpine he nor I could find it in the menu. He tried for a half hour and gave up, he said he would try again after loading the DVD on his computer and watching how to do it. I thought Lotus got rid of the Alpine for two reasons, first, they are much harder to program and second, I heard the nav was not upgradeable to later info. Have they fixed those problems or is the later models improved? :huh:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you may have an issue then Joe, mine comes on in under 5 seconds from key in ignition.

EFE EVS - the Pioneer may be better than the older Alpine's (505r, 520r etc) but I believe Lotus did the right thing by going to Alpine for the 920r. As for checking the sub it's a very simple process - Settings=>Sound=>Subwoofer. Ta da.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
......... I thought Lotus got rid of the Alpine for two reasons, first, they are much harder to program and second, I heard the nav was not upgradeable to later info. Have they fixed those problems or is the later models improved? :huh:
I updated the nav on my INA-W900 last fall (cost $99 for the card -direct from Alpine) so I would think the newer units can be updated too.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Agree that the new Alpine (920) is great and should not be confused with the older models. The backup cam should come on within a few seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts