The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Desperate to get a glimpse of the 2013 Viper when it's unveiled at the New York Auto Show tomorrow? Why wait! Several screen captures have leaked online showing the American supercar in all its shiny red glory. It's expected they're from a video that will be shown during the car's world premiere in Manhattan tomorrow.

Undeniably a Viper, there's certainly some Italian flare in the new car with hints of the Alfa Romeo 8C and the Ferrari 575. Other notable style elements include the large side vents, the large hood scoop, side exhaust and sculped roof.
See all the 2013 SRT Viper photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I really hope that's Dodge's late April fools prank, it looks like an 80's version or "pre-quel" of the original. Do not like.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I've always liked Vipers!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
looks great, though I don't love the hood louvres

now that mustangs and comaros hav3 600 + HP, I wonder how much power the viper will have to remain top beast

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
me. i buy them.

i believe those pics are from a video game.
ill wait for the unveiling weds to see real pics.
my guess is 675-700hp.
the '10 viper acr holds the ring record, i cant imagine what the acr version of this will do.
its a great time to be a sportscar fan. there are so many cool cars out there.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
looks great, though I don't love the hood louvres

now that mustangs and comaros hav3 600 + HP, I wonder how much power the viper will have to remain top beast
It will have eleventy-thousand horsepower and 7655 lbs of torque. :D

Good move for them - Anything to disassociate with the name "Dodge" is a positive thing. Now, just get rid of the Chrysler connection altogether and yer good to go! rotfl

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Vipers hold their value quite well. And they became much better handling cars over time. Love the viper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a 99 gts and loved it. The new 2013 looks like a great car not only to look at, but also to drive. I heard the new gts will be around $140 ,000 that's a little steep

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Title says it leaked. Maybe they share a common radiator with the Elige :rolleyes:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lots of info on this car on the web now :clap:
this thing is insane -eek-
priced between 100 and 120 grand.
if Lotus want to compete in this market they are going to have to step it up a notch .....
make that a lot of notch's!
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
they were already using these in the USLM series this year... very cool looking!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's all their good for IMHO. A GT car for the track.
Would never pay the money they ask for them as a street toy.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Love him or hate him, I'm guessing Dany did not have the Viper in mind when he talked about moving up market. The engineering costs of the Viper are probably a rounding error at Chrysler.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts