The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
While I appreciate that sponsorship conveys the right to post ads, these really aren't appropriate for this forum. Why try to push GM products on Lotus enthusiasts? :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
While I appreciate that sponsorship conveys the right to post ads, these really aren't appropriate for this forum. Why try to push GM products on Lotus enthusiasts? :(
:up::up::up:

How is this a comparison...? This belongs in the for sale thread.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
One can be enthusiastic about more than one marque. Those that like Lotus would probably like a Corvette as far as they are both performance vehicles. I'd like one. And an Evora. And a Lambo. Etc. :)

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Maybe for respect of Lotus pedigree? The early 90's Corvette ZR1 had a Lotus designed engine? GM owned a majority stake in Lotus at one time that made the Esprits more driveable with the GM fuel injection? (They also had GM steering wheels).

Corvette and Lotus are joined at the hip.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Corvette and Lotus are not "joined at the hip." One has been a high-powered, poor-handling, heavy behemoth, and the other is the antithesis of that. And GM may have owned part of Lotus, but that's scarcely a distinction given Lotus' ownership history.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm interested in a C7 and would like to see what they're going for used. Incidentally, this is a pre-owned car with 2,250 miles with an asking price of $72,400 AND HERE'S THE KICKER, the seller is the former Scottsdale Lotus (now Scottsdale Ferrari). It's an LT1 with the Z51 performance package...but I think that's an LT3 (top of the line asking price).

2014 Used Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2dr Z51 Cpe w/1LT at Scottsdale Ferrari Serving Phoenix, AZ, IID 12127822

And on top of that, these guys can't be bothered being a Lotus dealership (or a service center as they don't want anything to do with Lotus) but they're still willing to sell a used 2012 Evora. As far as I'm concerned, they can go [email protected]# themselves.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Corvette and Lotus are not "joined at the hip." One has been a high-powered, poor-handling, heavy behemoth, and the other is the antithesis of that. And GM may have owned part of Lotus, but that's scarcely a distinction given Lotus' ownership history.
id hardly say corvettes have poor handling

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
My C6 weighs exactly what your Evora S does. It handles just fine. It's no Exige, but that's why I have both. It would also smoke anything in your stable easily.

San

·
Registered
296 Posts
id hardly say corvettes have poor handling
Correct. Anyone that states that is smoking something. And not the good stuff.

That said, I'm over these freakin' Global Autosports spam posts. All they ever are are links to their site, which I guess would be fine if they were constrained to the for sale board, but they are all over.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
I can see the argument that these posts are out of place, but I do enjoy them. Adds some diversity and the forum is not over run with action most times anyway.

These new Vettes have some appeal but overall make me glad we have the cars we have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts