The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Evora IPS which is acting strange. Occasionally the transmission will go to all 3 red shift circles by 4500 rpm and shift (non sport mode), hard acceleration. Then I get to cruising at 55 and push the pedal to the floor and it will not downshift, just slow acceleration in 5th or 6th depending on which gear it is in. It does downshift while slowing. If I slow and get into 4th and cruise, then push the pedal down it will not downshift, just slow acceleration in the gear.

It will shift in manual/sport mode, but will still not rev high (all 3 red circles show). Engine limits to high 4000 rpms.

I can turn the car off and open the door and then restart. The vehicle is fine then.

It is hit or miss. Any thoughts or threads that I can review. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Mine was just in for some warranty work and was doing this on the way home. When I got home I restarted it and it's been perfect since. I figured they updated something or it was messed up from sitting for so long and it just needed to be restarted since it's still running fine.

The limited revs is usually an indicator of limp mode ie the car is trying to protect the engine as it thinks something is wrong. I had this happen once over a year ago and a friend told me to unplug and replug the O2 sensor which is supposed to reset it (it goes back to the harness/stalling issue). I did that and cleaned out the intake hose but I guess I didn't hook the intake properly and the leak caused another error. The dealer reset it all and it was fine for over a year until the last time I picked it up.

I have a sneaky suspicion it's from it sitting outside and water getting into it through the vents and messing something up. That's purely conjecture but it was sitting out at the dealer and we've had a lot of rain.

Its something simple but it may need a trip to the dealer to reset it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information. I did have the car washed yesterday. Today I went out and had no problems. Works like it should. I will have to watch it and see if and when it happens again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have been having the same exact problem, identical to what you have written. Mine is a 2014 S with IPS.

I dont think water has anything to do with it, as my car is garages and out of the elements. This issue has no pattern as much as I can tell.

I wish I could get an answer as the closest dealer is around 3 hours away from me and I would like to avoid that trip if possible.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I don't have an IPS but have had issues in the past where the car would randomly not go above 4000-4500 RPM in normal or sport mode with all three shift circles lighting. It was hit or miss.

My issue turned out to be the cam positioning sensor. It was replaced at 26k miles (sitting at 44k now) and I have not had the issue since. Not saying this is your cause but shared similar symptoms to what you are reporting. Although replaced under warranty, it was a very cheap part.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up having the wiring harness replaced under warranty based on the UK techs reviewing the information and recommending that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts