The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Finally got my new Lotus Evora IPS, and everything works great except the time in the radio unit. It's the Alpine INE-S920HD and INE-NAV-30 model (not sure why two model #'s are associated with the unit). Does anyone here know how to fix the time on it? I think it has something to do with the regional settings, but there isn't an obvious way to change it. I tried doing an initial reset, but the only setting i can change is the language. The time on the unit is the actual current time in Norfolk, UK. Pushing through the menus, i did find my current GPS information. There is a settings button, but it doesn't light up, and won't let me in that menu. I tried to see if the engine being on or off would toggle that button, but doesn't work still. The GPS knows I'm in Illinois, but doesn't update the time automatically. If anyone knows, please let me know. It's starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Do you need to do the special hand brake foot brake sequence to get into the setup menus? Foot brake, handbrake on, then off, then on, and foot brake off. That is how I access my MY 11 Alpine INA-W900BT.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yes, lets see it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any differences in the 2014 model as compared to the 2013?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks! Hopefully these pics open up. I honestly don't know what all the differences are between the years. The only visual difference i see is the lack of the metal lotus plate on the door sill part. Its just leather now, which was kind of a bummer. Picked it up in late november. took about 5 months to deliver after placing an order. Since then, i haven't been able to drive it much because of all the snow and salt on the ground here.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Nice, I love green cars! Especially at Christmas!

The leather is a bummer getting in and out (passengers: please be careful!) but with the high sills it makes sense when you are in there. If it was easy for ingress/egress it would not be a serious sports car (to us as least)!

The metal plates scratch super easy. They should give you a few sets when you buy the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome ride!!! I have a later model 2013 and it also doesn't come with the Lotus Jack sills. :-(

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's quite a collection in your garage, kult. What else (the yellow car) besides the Evora and 997S?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. The yellow car is an 01 integra type r. Its the car I care most about. Then I got a couple Subaru's for the winter.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
863 Posts
Please help me with the sequence of the Evora Stereo systems.
Add and/or correct as necessary.
2010-2011 Alpine IVA-W505
2012 ??
2013 Pioneer Model ??
2014 Alpine INE-S920HD
I know the 2013 stereo is the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT because that's the one I have. To the OP, very nice ride. It is too bad the sills don't have the Lotus plate. My 2013 was built in late 2012 and it has them still. Either way, enjoy the car!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shadowwulf369.....if that's your car in the pic, that's the first evora I ever sat in at the dealer. LFSC right?

·
Happy To Be Here
863 Posts
Shadowwulf369.....if that's your car in the pic, that's the first evora I ever sat in at the dealer. LFSC right?
Yup, LFSC. It was also the first one I saw in person at Road America. I fell in love with the color right away (really, I fell in love with that specific car). I didn't want to let it get away so I picked her up last fall. Now she's now tucked in for winter in my garage. Did you go through LFSC for your order?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I did. Its a good thing you bought it right away bc when my order was at three months I was losing patience and thought of your car. When I checked the site, it was gone. I love that gray.

·
Happy To Be Here
863 Posts
I'm a big fan of the grey, too. Now knowing someone else was looking at it, I'm glad I moved when I did! lol

To get back on topic, I took a look out on LFSC.com at the two 2014 Evoras that they have on the lot. One is like yours with the Alpine head unit and all leather door sills (this is on the white one). The red Evora is an odd duck. It has the aluminum door sills and there's something off with the radio. It doesn't have any badges for Alpine or model numbers printed on the front. I haven't noticed anything else strange about the car, but it makes me wonder if Lotus still includes the aluminum sills on some cars, but not others? I'm not sure. Things that make you say, "Hmmmmmmm....."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's kind of odd. Perhaps the door sills are optional? I didnt really bother to ask my sales guy why it was missing on the 2014. When I picked up my car, I couldnt even take a good look at the red one bc it was in the service dpt garage with the door panel off.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Please help me with the sequence of the Evora Stereo systems.
Add and/or correct as necessary.
2010-2011 Alpine IVA-W505
2012 ??
2013 Pioneer Model ??
2014 Alpine INE-S920HD
I believe they switched to the Alpine INA-W900 sometime in the 2011 model year and carried over to 2012... The IVA-W505 in my 2010 Evora was replaced under warranty in the fall of 2011 with the Lotus-specific version of the INA-900.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts