The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks to sh*tty Fox sports, they're not repeating this race, so i will never be able to watch. :mad: I only got to watch qualies. :mad:
Speed did the same thing for some of the races last year. Torrents are your friend. Bonus there is you can watch the Sky broadcast and skip our (Fox) crap one.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
they always repeat the race at 11am or 730pm-ish. Sometimes a 3rd time on Mondays, but this is the first one they didn't repeat AT ALL.

What channel is the spanish one? Probably too late already.
TiVo

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Set your alarms early for Sunday Morning. Monaco will be epic this year. The Ferrari's seemed mighty loose on the rear end (recipe for disaster), the Red Bull's are hungry (their aggression may prove to be an additional hazard) and the two Mercedes drivers have a real rivalry going (especially after what happened in Q3 qualifying today). The tail end of the pack will be *much* slower, which will create a massive challenge for the faster cars on the twisty/winding streets of Monaco. Miss it, and you will miss out.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Great news!
Maldonado's future uncertain as funding to be cut

Looks like Crashanaldo's going to get his funding cut and (hopefully) his seat. Now Lotus can go find a real driver. I wonder if they could talk all the other teams into writing a partial check for a new driver using the money they'll eventually save from the cars he won't wreck?
Unfortunately Lotus may not be able to afford another driver other than from their test driver stable and without the sponsor funding may be out.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Set your alarms early for Sunday Morning. Monaco will be epic this year. The Ferrari's seemed mighty loose on the rear end (recipe for disaster), the Red Bull's are hungry (their aggression may prove to be an additional hazard) and the two Mercedes drivers have a real rivalry going (especially after what happened in Q3 qualifying today). The tail end of the pack will be *much* slower, which will create a massive challenge for the faster cars on the twisty/winding streets of Monaco. Miss it, and you will miss out.
This an accurate assessment, the fight is on.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
bumping it once, for the people who are unaware Monaco is tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
WOW!! NBC bites hard. They jump into the middle of P2 qualifications to show freaking hockey commentary and recap. The channel guide clearly shows it is formula 1 racing. There are 6 other channels showing hockey, keep the "Pucking" crap on one of those channels, leave the one scheduled for formula one, showing formula one. The last network who had the formula 1 contract did a much much better job. I sure hope they don't do this crap during the actual race. The hockey rec(r)ap has been going on for 20 minutes already. Get back to racing.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
And they they carried only one practice session boo

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
F1 not exciting this year, really. What a race!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I will have to catch it in 3 hours, I didn't realize it was coming on earlier. For the given outcome (I caught the awards ceremony), it must have been one heck of a race. I don't want to give spoilers for those who have not seen it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I do miss Speed Channel, but NBC is doing a fair job; especially when compared to when ABC Wide World of Sports covered the Monaco GP - what a joke, you would miss parts of the race when they would cut to commercials or babes in bikinis.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Awesome race, how can people find F1 boring?!

Tough call by the stewards regarding the PER and MAS accident. VET is getting outraced consistently, he may have four championships but not the racing skills of someone like ALO to get the best out of a subpar car.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Anyone going to COTA? We are in Turn 15 Section 10.

Is the Austin club planning any pre race gatherings.

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Back to Turn 15 for 2015, Section 10 Row 34

61 - 77 of 77 Posts