The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Several of you attended our drive in 2012, and it was a lot of fun. Many people have asked about doing another drive. So we are! Today, I did a practice run with Tom, who helped with the last drive. The roads look good, no nasty pot holes or construction. Our lunch destination/turn around point will be the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret, CT. We are also working on ideas for another drive in the fall.

So far the date 7/19 .

Not sure if some of us will meet in MA, and then have an RI meeting spot for those that want to join the drive from a bit further South. If you are interested in the drive, please PM or email me your name, the car you will be driving, and YOUR PHONE NUMBER,, so that we can be sure you are on the list and more importantly that we can contact you with any last minute changes such as a rain cancellation.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Date for the Drive Saturday, July 19, 2014

A date has been chosen, July 19, 2014. I know some people are have to check their schedules a bit closer to the date of the drive, but we wanted people to have a definite date so that they can plan ahead for it if they want to attend. We will be driving from North Kingstown, RI to a lunch destination at a local cafe in Pomfret CT and depending on timing we may also stop at an ice cream shop on the way back.

Here are some of the details for the drive:

Date: Saturday, July 19, 2014
Time: Starting Point at 10:00 AM
Starting Point: Starbucks, 1370 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI
Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Lunch: The Vanilla Bean Café: Café / Restaurant and Live Entertainment
Route: The route will take us from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT where we will stop for lunch. From there we will loop back on another stretch of road back into North Kingstown, RI.

Below is a rough head count for those who confirmed. About one week before the drive we will send emails or PM's to those that are definitely going with the route and directions.

1. Tom (996 Turbo)
2. Dino (981 Cayman S)
3. Charlie C. (986 Boxster 550)
4. Noel (Lotus Elise)
5. Paul S. (944 or 996)
6. Eduardo (997)
7. Mike S. (986 Boxster)
8. Chee (Lotus Elise)
9. Juan (986 Boxster)
10. Alex (997S Cab)

This should be a great time with fellow car nuts and some nice less travelled B roads!

If you are not on the list and you want to go please contact me via PM or send me an email at [email protected]
Please provide your name, the car you will be driving, an email address where we can send you the driving route/info, and a cell number so we can text or call you with any potential last minute changes.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It will be close, not sure if I will be done with the k24a2 swap in time but as the event gets closer I will let you know

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Revised Date is Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hi Folks, we have revised the date to July 20, 2014. I know some people may not be able to make the new date, but hopefully a few others that could not go on Saturday, will be able to go now that it is on a Sunday. We will be driving from North Kingstown, RI to a lunch destination at a local cafe in Pomfret CT and depending on timing we may also stop at an ice cream shop on the way back.

Here are some of the details for the drive:

Date: Sunday, July 20, 2014
Time: Starting Point at 10:00 AM
Starting Point: Starbucks, 1370 Ten Rod Road, North Kingstown, RI
Departure Time: 10:30 AM
Lunch: The Vanilla Bean Café: Café / Restaurant and Live Entertainment
Route: The route will take us from North Kingstown, RI to Pomfret, CT where we will stop for lunch. From there we will loop back on another stretch of road back into North Kingstown, RI.

Below is a rough head count for those who confirmed. About one week before the drive we will send emails or PM's to those that are definitely going with the route and directions.

1. Tom (996 Turbo)
2. Dino (981 Cayman S)
3. Marty (986 Boxster)
4. Eduardo (997)
5. Mike S. (986 Boxster)
6. Chee (Lotus Elise)
7. Juan (986 Boxster)
8. Michael (Lotus Elise)
9. Bob (Lotus Elise)
10. Tony (Ferrari California)
11. Scott (991 TT S)
12. Bill (987 Cayman S)
13. Ed (987 Cayman S)
14. Ray (BMW M6)
15. Rose (Lotus Elise)
16 Ray (986 Boxster S)

For those that went on the drive 2 years ago, part of it has been revised to include a few more winding back roads. It should be even more fun this time.

If you are not on the list and you want to go please contact me via PM or send me an email at [email protected]
Please provide your name, the car you will be driving, an email address where we can send you the driving route/info, and a cell number so we can text or call you with any potential last minute changes.

Attendees list is now closed. We want to keep things manageable.

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just wanted to thank everyone for coming out for our drive. Thankfully, the weather cooperated and we had a great group of cars and drivers. Bob, Mike, Chee and Rose represented the Lotus group with 4 Elises of different colors. I was thankful when Chee dropped to the back because it was much easier to keep track of his yellow Elise than some of the darker cars that were with us for the drive. Hopefully, we will be able to work in another drive maybe in the fall.

Below are a few pix Jill snapped. Since we were positioned in the last half of the group to keep an eye on those at the back, we may not have gotten photos of your car if you were at the front...sorry about that,...but that just means you had a better qualifying time than some of your fellow drivers ;)

Best regards,
Dino

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi Michael,

we were glad you guys could be there. Thanks for posting some more pix. They look great.

Cheers,
Dino

oops, I realized I forgot this photo of your car next to Bob's Elise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts