The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A source at Lotus sent me this image of what the all new Exige 360 S will look like, here are the specs.

360 HP twin turbo V-6
294 Lbs torque

0-62 MPH @ 3.7 sec
1/4 Mile @ 12.3

all Carbon!! :D

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
$$$

unless Lotus know has a tree that grows perfectly molded CF body parts!

looks sick

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
What is up with the squinty headlight look on all their cars? Looks like an angry Japanese cartoon character. Can't argue with the specs though.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Looks like all the other new models, lol.

That said, guess I'll be buying a new car in 2015 ^_^

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Wow. I might have to start saving money. Wonder how much it weighs and cost.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow, that's one mean looking car. I'm probably in the minority but I happen to like the new Elise design the most and this new Exige works for me as well. With a new Exige that looks and performs like this, why would you put out the new Espirit (in its current form). It seems to me their financial prospects would be better served by moving up the new Elise/Exige platforms to first in the batting order and then putting out the Elan with 2+2 option. It's presumably much more affordable and will keep the whole network in business in the meantime. This way Lotus can always own the sweet spot for which I know them for (lightweight, affordable, performance). I'm really excited about the Exige development.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I do have to admit, the Exige treatment on the Elise concept car looks fantastic in this rendering, hopefully Lotus takes some of these cues to production with the S3 Elise.

Got renderings of other angles?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wait... It has like an extra 100 hp and 120 ft/lbs of torque than the S260...

But it goes only .2 seconds faster to 60 miles per hour?

What's going on?

·
Registered
948 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
My car is already that fast. rotfl I'm sure others are faster still...

No way it will be all carbon. Not only does that say it's pretty heavy, but will be expensive. Doesn't look bad though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts