The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes!! pls send this to Lotus. I will buy it in a heartbeat even if it has same performance as the current exige..

good job..
:clap:

·
Registered
269 Posts
OK, now I'm in! :clap: Needs a front plate plinth, tho' and can you show it in Storm Titanium with CO, KG, PB, BO, and CR stripes? TIA. :D

:mw:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
RENDERMAN- nice work ;)
I knew you'll be the first one to catch me Larry :p :) hey, Martin Luther King wasn't the only one who "had a dream" and since there's not mention from Lotus that we're even getting an Exige in the future I said why not make my own. Sorry Ali, it was all meant as joke. :D I'm going to be working on the rear angle as soon as i have a chance...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice Renderman. As you can clearly see, I am not a certified Photoshop instructor :), but I really wish Lotus would consider something like this to bring the face more in line with Lotus history, and less like 70's Battlestar Gallactica Cylons. The new cars don't look bad, but they don't look like Lotuses either.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
663 Posts
The flag I saw was 360hp & twin turbo's..... since a n/a yota v6 is 300-350 I knew something was up :)

It does look pretty good though

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I knew you'll be the first one to catch me Larry :p :) hey, Martin Luther King wasn't the only one who "had a dream" and since there's not mention from Lotus that we're even getting an Exige in the future I said why not make my own. Sorry Ali, it was all meant as joke. :D I'm going to be working on the rear angle as soon as i have a chance...

It would have helped if you called it a 2016, used the new Elise as the baseline and didn't sign it... but you did get few going.

In the years before the first Elise made it to the states or even after it first got here, there was no mention of the Exige. So wouldn't be surprised if a year or two after the S3 Elise is out, a Exige makes it, as more or less the hard-core track / street toy we all know.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Your car looks way better than anything Lotus has done lately. Maybe they should fire all those high priced GM and Ferrari execs and hire you to design the new look.

Please show us the other angle so we can drool some more:drool::drool:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Your car looks way better than anything Lotus has done lately. Maybe they should fire all those high priced GM and Ferrari execs and hire you to design the new look.

Please show us the other angle so we can drool some more:drool::drool:
Actually I consider my self a frustrated car designer, the reason I never got into it is because I suck at math!! I can't handle those engineering software and complex math calculations :wallbang: but I would love to be able to design cars, maybe we can run a petition here :D

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It would have helped if you called it a 2016, used the new Elise as the baseline and didn't sign it... but you did get few going.

In the years before the first Elise made it to the states or even after it first got here, there was no mention of the Exige. So wouldn't be surprised if a year or two after the S3 Elise is out, a Exige makes it, as more or less the hard-core track / street toy we all know.
I actually was going to post it like that to fool more people but I had a similar thread on S2KI a while back were I posted that I wanted to sell my Elise to buy a CR (Club Racer). People over there didn't know there's an Exige Club Racer so I had almost 50 people posting what a great idea it was to buy an S2k CR, when I showed them the Exige picture, even my close friends wanted to kill me :D so I was afraid to get the same rection here.
As for the Exige, I think it is already in the works, they have about 7 years to develop a monster car that will be Lotus' staple, even more impressive than the Esprit!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts