The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Actually I consider my self a frustrated car designer, the reason I never got into it is because I suck at math!! I can't handle those engineering software and complex math calculations :wallbang: but I would love to be able to design cars, maybe we can run a petition here :D
thats why we make alias studio man :)

the big grip i have is the hood bulge... it looks like a front engined honda to me... take 100mm of depth out.. and they layered surfaces to build up the hood over the fenders,,, i just don't get what lotus was thinking or smoking? my only rationale is that its the only way to get the god aweful carp face to work ... as in

"hey boss, i got a really bad idea for a grill, but to make it work i have to make the whole front end heavy and pudgy and lame?"

"...sounds great larsen, go for it! dany's not a car guy so he'll never know anyways"

my other grip is the silly flank lines, totaly what mazda has been doing... i mean it looks good on a $13,000 dollar mazda2 and all.... in fact, i think that show car elise looks like a mazda2 roadster, there... i have now ordained it - the 2013 mazda2 roadster by Dany.

i could go on about how bad it is.... but renderman has taked a turd and made it look 1/2 decent! well done.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I guess Autodesk Studio would be a new software to learn.

When I was 20 years old the personal computer wasn't even a sperm yet, everything was calculated and done by hand, I'm sure all major manufacturers had their own software but it was out of reach for the average Joe but you know what I can complain, I've had a pretty good art career...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts