The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
They're doing well I read. Setting fastest times during testing. Hopefully it translates well during the season.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yes, it looks OK, but Grosjean was on supersofts when he set fastest time in Barcelona. Probably a low fuel load as well, but we don't know that. The deltas were pretty large at that point, whereas they were much smaller at Jerez. What's interesting is the redesigned and lower air intakes. I wouldn't have thought the two on the side would be very helpful, given buffeting of the driver's helmet, but apparently it's fine.

Kimi is doing particularly well also. Ferrari's chinese fire drill of personnel apparently actually helped improve things. Who woulda thunk...

Stephen.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Well the grand circus and the promoter clown come to town starting this weekend!! We will see where the teams stand .. Merc, Ferrari, Williams, RB ...for now but by second race I except RB to be moving up.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
I think Lotus will be much better this year but not right out of the blocks.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Time will tell! Anything will be better than last year!

·
Registered
424 Posts
FP1 in 15 hours.....can't wait. Pastor Maldonado has a lot to prove this season. And I'm hoping Kimi does well with the improved front end.

·
Illegal Alien
4,688 Posts
Well the grand circus and the promoter clown come to town starting this weekend!! We will see where the teams stand .. Merc, Ferrari, Williams, RB ...for now but by second race I except RB to be moving up.
**** Spoiler Alert ****

Almost had the order right, but totally missed Sauber' potential. Bad day for Lotus but neither drivers fault to not make one lap.

·
Registered
424 Posts
A poor start to the season for Lotus and a few other teams (McLaren was expected to be poor, but whew!, Ron and Eric must be pretty troubled right about now). Alonso must be shaking his head, especially with Vettel's performance.

I was rooting for Kimi, who was flying on his second set and lapping quicker than Lewis, only to suddenly pull off....BBC reported a fitmet problem with the RR on the pit stop, which is pretty rare for Maranello. The guy can't seem to catch a break, if this is in fact what happened.

Stephen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts