The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see anything posted about the GGLC anti-football drive so I figured I'd post the details taken from the GGLC site.

Totally selfishly though -- is anyone going to this who has the BWR Penske shocks on their Elise or Exige? I'm thinking about buying a set and would like to ride in a car that has them to see how they are on the street.

Jan 30, 2016
Annual GGLC "Anti-Football" Drive
START:
Meet at 9:00am at Starbucks at 111 De Anza Blvd, San Mateo. This is just off Hwy 92 near I280. MAP

We will depart from the start point at 9:30 sharp.

The Annual Anti-Football Drive is Saturday January 30 and returns to the Peninsula. This is a casual moderate paced drive. The road conditions are always iffy at this time of the year so the pace will take into consideration the recent and then current weather.

The drive will follow the length of Hwy 35 from Hwy 92 to Black Rd (south of Hwy 9). We will continue to our lunch stop at the Rock Bottom Brewery in Campbell (arrive by 11:30am) and then to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose.

IMPORTANT! Please RSVP! Space is limited on the tour. Non-members are welcome, but GGLC members will have priority. To RSVP send an email with the number in your party webguy"at"gglotus.org

The drive is about 1-1/2 hour long and will be at a moderate pace run with respect to iffy road conditions from winter weather. The GGLC will pay for the Museum tour, but lunch is no host.

WEATHER - We'll do this rain or shine!

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Totally selfishly though -- is anyone going to this who has the BWR Penske shocks on their Elise or Exige? I'm thinking about buying a set and would like to ride in a car that has them to see how they are on the street.
I will have the SA's installed on my Elise soon but it will likely be after the drive as I am waiting for some other parts to come first. I live in Daly City though so you can always come by in Feb.

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh nice! I'm in Burlingame so not too far away, would love to check them out once you have them installed, post gglc drive.

Are you going on the drive?

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Evora is on my list to replace my s4 once I no longer need to do daycare dropoff/pickup duty everyday (eg when my daughter starts kindergarten in a year)

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kiyoshi -

I think you have my RSVP already. I'm in for lunch but not the museum.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
We will do this event rain or shine.

Current forecast is for rain/showers on Saturday. We may adjust the route if the rain is ugly, but then as we've seen the forecast has a 50/50 chance of being correct and it could be fine.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed my hard top a couple of weekends ago just in case of such an event. Though the R888 tires will be fun in the wet!

·
Registered
427 Posts
RSVP'd. Looking forward to doing something non football that day.

I do have BWR Penske dampers, but they're a bit of a one-off set and not representative of Fred's typical valving. They're valved specifically for auto-x to complement the weird balance you get with today's crop of street tires, LSS springs, a stiffer anti-roll bar and stock LSS wheel width limitations. They're... um... sporty.

People are welcome to ask questions about Penskes - I've had a few sets on various platforms and have rebuilt them a few times. I'm also somewhat familiar with Fred's offerings and can lend some qualitative feedback. Oh... and I also have some experience with other Elige dampers, as see here: shock dyno thread.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Thanks to all that attended.

Great turn out! Roads were still damp which probably helped to keep the number of cyclists and bikers down leaving us alone on the road the majority of the time. I think I counted 22 or 23 cars. It was both fun and eerie to be driving through the forested sections with the light streaming through the trees and the sun warming the pavement creating rising stream (did someone get a photo of this?)

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great seeing all of you yesterday! Always nice hanging out with fellow Lotus enthusiasts.

I snapped a bunch of pictures, which you can find in an album here:
https://goo.gl/photos/15BQtjMe1LM47MLu8

A few of my favorites:

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It was cool to see so many Elises with the biscuit interior!

BTW does anyone know who's car this was? Would love to know more about the brand of the splitter and how you like the LED headlight rings:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts