The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for posting, Gator! Hope the snow isn't hitting you too bad out there.

The white one is the first pic I've seen of the 400 that actually makes me kind of want one.

I agree, the white looks really good on that body style. And the lighter colors do look nice without the black pack... The new style is growing on me :up:
Not as much the snow as the cold....although we're supposed to get a few inches of snow this weekend.

It was warmer at the North Pole (literally!) than it was here today and yesterday...I don't think that's supposed to be normal haha. :scratchhead:

·
Lotus Hopeful
100 Posts
Not as much the snow as the cold....although we're supposed to get a few inches of snow this weekend.

It was warmer at the North Pole (literally!) than it was here today and yesterday...I don't think that's supposed to be normal haha. :scratchhead:
Yeah, this cold is killer. I guess I tend to worry about the snow more - was driving in Michigan last Sat and got stuck in a snowdrift. So the snow stops you, and then the cold really gets you... :(

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
If I've read the spec sheet correctly, the warranty is void if you take it on the track? Even for a HPDE?

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
If I've read the spec sheet correctly, the warranty is void if you take it on the track? Even for a HPDE?
They all say that

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
My warranty expires in 3 days, time to mod the car. oh, I already did that years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Dustin,
In your next iteration of a non-black pack car, can you remove that "Evora 400" plate too, so we can see what the front really looks like?

Thanks for your expertise.

·
Supporting Vendor
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Dustin,
In your next iteration of a non-black pack car, can you remove that "Evora 400" plate too, so we can see what the front really looks like?

Thanks for your expertise.
Thank you to Dustin, here's the front end rendering without the plate. Again, this is a render as we don't have an official image yet.

-Brian

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
I have grown to really like the front end and side sills, now a year to acclimate to the ass and the interior.

To me the interior is a cross between a Ferrari, Mustang and Cayman, and that is not a complement.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Is there or will there be any mesh grill on the side intakes?

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
I have grown to really like the front end and side sills, now a year to acclimate to the ass and the interior.
It's growing on me. If I had a choice, I would prefer the original front end. The new front end is not bad, just different and does look like an evolution. Interior without question is an upgrade and needed, but I don't get the "Lotus" lettering???

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's growing on me. If I had a choice, I would prefer the original front end. The new front end is not bad, just different and does look like an evolution. Interior without question is an upgrade and needed, but I don't get the "Lotus" lettering???
yep, the lettering is terrible. I was told by "someone" that factory is aware of the general dislike and that they will take that into consideration.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
need more darker colors to hide all the ugly added

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Thank you to Dustin, here's the front end rendering without the plate. Again, this is a render as we don't have an official image yet.

-Brian
Thank you again!

·
Illegal Alien
5,351 Posts
I consider the ergonomics of the interior an upgrade, ie switches, that can be seen, AC knobs that can be gripped and secondary displays that can be seen. But as to fit and finish quality, I just don't see the step up at least compared to the MY12 and newer with the premium installs. And IMHO i prefer the wrap around cockpit styling of the original rather than the dashboard bar of the new. I have been overlooking the lettering as either something that Lotus will figure out it needs to be dropped, or to slip 500 to the line workers to leave them off my car.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Lamborghini has always pasted their name on the passenger airbag cover. I dont really think the Lotus letters are that bad. Placement might be in a better spot, but its a minor detail imo.

·
Supporting Vendor
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
MEDIA INFORMATION

01 July 2015

First Lotus Evora 400 drives off the assembly line at Hethel

• Hand Made at the Lotus HQ in Hethel, England
• First customers to receive their cars in August 2015

In a small celebration with a selection of senior management, manufacturing and engineering staff, the first new Lotus Evora 400 has driven off the assembly line at Hethel.

Jean-Marc Gales, Chief Executive Officer of Group Lotus plc, says, “Today is a very significant stage in our long term plan, which we set-out more than a year ago. With the first Evora 400 coming off the line, we have achieved a key milestone for Lotus.”

Jean-Marc Gales continues, “None of this would be possible, of course, without the confidence and commitment of our workforce who, with great skill and talent, hand build every Lotus car at Hethel.”

The new Lotus Evora 400 laps the Lotus test track at Hethel six seconds faster than the previous Evora S in a time of 1 minute 32 seconds. Combining high performance with the legendary Lotus benchmark handling, it is faster and dynamically more capable than the previous Lotus Evora leading to greater agility and a more involving drive.

Maximum speed is 186 mph (300 km/h) and acceleration 0-60 mph is just 4.1 seconds (0-100 km/h in 4.2 seconds). Over two thirds of the Lotus Evora 400 is new, including its supercharged and charge-cooled mid-mounted 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 400 horsepower and 410 Nm of torque. A new aluminium chassis incorporates a new interior and the lightweight composite body has changed significantly both front and rear.

The new Evora 400, which was revealed at the Geneva Motor Show in March, will enter production for European markets in the summer and deliveries will commence in August this year. China and North American markets will receive the Evora 400 as a 2017 model year in early 2016.

The first Lotus Evora 400, finished in metallic black is destined to be a promotion car for Lotus.

Lotus Evora 400 International pricing including local taxes where applicable: UK (Pound Sterling) - £72,000
Germany (Euros) - €96,000 Japan (Yen) - ¥13,200,000
USA (Dollars) - $89,900 (excluding local sales taxes) China (RMB) - 1,318,000

Official fuel consumption figures and CO2 emissions figures are not available at the time of going to press. They will be provided on the Lotus website Home 2015 | Lotus Cars as soon as they are available.

ENDS
Notes to Editors:

The Lotus media site – Lotus Media Centre contains news, images, specs, statistics and videos from the latest models to heritage and engineering technology. Please register your details.

About Lotus
Group Lotus plc, wholly-owned subsidiary of DRB-HICOM, is based in Norfolk, UK, and has three operating divisions: Lotus Cars, Lotus Engineering and Lotus Motorsport.

Lotus Cars builds world class, high performance sports cars including the award-winning Evora, the iconic Elise and the stunning Exige.

Lotus Engineering provides comprehensive and versatile consultancy services to many of the world's OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers and is an internationally recognised automotive engineering consultancy.

Lotus Motorsport builds and develops vehicles for GT racing with the Evora GX, GTC, GT4, and GTS, in addition to racing vehicles such as the Exige V6 Cup, Exige Cup R and Elise Cup cars.

For more information about Group Lotus please contact:
PR Department, Group Lotus plc, Potash Lane, Hethel, Norfolk, UK, NR14 8EZ Tel: +44 (0)1953 608264 Email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
No additional info on the roadster version. They're killing me. I can't take anymore waiting.:scratchhead: :huh: :( :mad::panic::crazyeyes :wallbang:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
No additional info on the roadster version. They're killing me. I can't take anymore waiting.:scratchhead: :huh: :( :mad::panic::crazyeyes :wallbang:
I doubt you'll see any news for at least a year since they don't want to cannibalize sales from their current model that hasn't gone on sale publicly yet

·
MY11 Evora S
941 Posts
I find it interesting that the 311 has more HP but less torque whereas the 400 has for torque and less HP. From the same engine. Likely just tuning parameters but certainly there is still plenty of headroom in the V6.

41 - 60 of 200 Posts