The Lotus Cars Community banner

2016 Metallic Orange Exige V6 Cup R

1151 16
I have been wanting/searching for an Exige V6 Cup or Exige V6 Cup R for quite a while now. And I had a line on low mileage V6 Cup that I was seriously considering when I got a call from Hunter at Wirewheel In Ft. Pierce, Florida. They were just getting in a Cup R from a regular customer. Short version, I went to see it when it came in and after a few weeks of negotiating we finally came to a price I was happy with. I know this car belonged to one of the members here on LT.

Here’s a picture (below) and the link to the listing at wirewheel. 2016 Lotus Exige V6 Cup R - | WireWheel.com

car is wrapped so I plan to remove it and see condition of paint underneath. I’m not sure whether I’ll wrap it to my liking or leave it painted.

Already loaded the two car trailer with the GTN and the Exige. Headed to Sebring tomorrow with the Evora GTN fresh off a race prep and tune. And I’ll make a session or two with the Exige and see what needs sorting. Unfortunately we have hurricane Ian breathing down our necks so I’m hoping we don’t get rained Out and can at least get some laps in.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As much as I wanted to go to Sebring this morning it just doesn’t look like it will be worth the 2 hour drive because of hurricane Ian. Checking the weather in Sebring at 4:30 am is showing light showers thru the morning, turning heavy around lunch time. And it’s been raining off and on here in WPB since yesterday afternoon so everything including the streets are WET.

Sucks because I spent all day yesterday sweating my butt off getting our 2 car hauler set up to carry the cars, tire pressure checked, generator topped off and cabinets tooled up for any trackside work/tweaking. We haven’t used the trailer since we got the stacker a little over a year ago except to store a car or two so it was a bit neglected.

The back up plan is we’re headed out to do some shooting instead.

Anyway, if your on Florida’s west coast get ready and stay safe. Looks like it’s going to be a rough one.

·
Administrator
14,497 Posts

·
Administrator
14,497 Posts
Can’t you apply show & display?

would be awesome to see this car driven on the road in USA
This was brought in under "Track Only" can't retro the importation as far as I know. In the other thread there are members attempting S&D importation. Many hoops to jump thru read that full thread.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would be fun on the street, however, I bought for the track. We got beat by the hurricane to get on track yesterday. Next Tuesday we are scheduled back at Sebring. Fingers crossed we have good weather.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
That is an interesting provenance because mine stated that there were only 33 cars made with 23 being left hand drive. Also, there is another orange Cup-R in the US but I believe that it is chrome orange.

Later,
Eldon

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well thats a good point Eldon. I’ve been calling it Chrome Orange because that’s how wirewheel listed it. After your comment and rereading the letter of provenance I see that my car is actually Metallic Orange. Of course the car is wrapped, but I doubt I could tell the difference between one orange or the other anyway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts