The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many cars Lotus sold in the U.S. in 2017 and 2018? My Google skills aren't perfect but I didn't see anything come up.

If there is a thread that I missed, please direct me to it.

Thank you in advance.

John

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha great post Europa!

And thank you, jimarneson! I am actually surprised to learn that they sold that many. When I was looking last Spring, it was the same cars sitting at dealerships across the country for months and months.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
One of the reasons I got my Lotus is exclusivity. When I first got my Huracan 2 years ago very few around, now a bunch in the groups I hang out with and same with Mclarens. But only one Evora I know of

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Does anyone have a digital copy of the Automotive News January 2019 that the above figures came from? I would love to read through all the manufactures figures, just for fun!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
49 Posts
I couldn’t agree more Redsled. That’s why I love my Evora 400 and my MV Agusta. You just don’t see them on every corner.

·
Illegal Alien
5,140 Posts
Does anyone have a digital copy of the Automotive News January 2019 that the above figures came from? I would love to read through all the manufactures figures, just for fun!
. You can buy the data subscription for $199

·
Registered
249 Posts
One of the reasons I got my Lotus is exclusivity. When I first got my Huracan 2 years ago very few around, now a bunch in the groups I hang out with and same with Mclarens. But only one Evora I know of

1st world problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
249 Posts
exclusivity is great and all...but i also guess there can be a pretty fine line between exclusivity and extinction

I can’t agree more, and I think given the 100k price point, I would guess 500-1,000 a year would keep the company more stable, and us as owners happier with replacement parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Lotus today has a stable parent, for the first time in years, maybe ever. The two key questions are, is the product competitive and is it easy for potential customers to buy and service the car. The answer to the first question is open to debate, I'm biased and feel overall it is, the answer to the second question is at best 'barely', at least in the US. The big unknown, for the US market is will Lotus commit to the US market. The biggest evidence of this would be bringing the Exige V6 and the Elise to this market. I think if Lotus were able to do this the brand, including the Evora, would greatly benefit. I think (hope) that there is a real market for a pure sports car. Look at Singer Porsche, $1.8M for an admittedly outrageously reimagined but still very pure old 911. The market is there, you shouldn't have to be a multi-multi-millionaire to be desirous of and able to purchase a pure sports car. I personally feel anyone who buys a Singer has more money than brains, but that's off subject and a different discussion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I realize that production figures and sales figures are two different things, but the certificate of provenance for my 2017 Evora 400 says that Lotus produced a total of 317 Evora 400’s for the US market in 2017 (173 manual, 144 IPS) and 11 Sport 410s. Model year 2017 began production in August 2016. So, if the sales figures are accurate, only about half of the 2017’s (156) were sold in that year. Pretty exclusive.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There appears to be some confusion regarding actual US sales numbers and US production numbers ... The former is quite a bit less than the latter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts