The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. I have a quick question: I own a 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (bought it new at the end of 2018) with about 2300 miles on it. I'm really falling in love with the car. One of its quirks is that the air conditioning (or simply blower without AC) only seems to work when it wants to. I've tried it 5 times or so in the last week, and it worked once. The A/C button turns red when pressed, and when it worked it was very frosty, so I think the A/C is okay. The Climate Control fan does not always spin up (or blow) when I turn the dial to any speed. I'll be there, swinging the knob back and forth from low to high and nothing. I'll tap the "Recycle air" mode and try - nothing. Turn it off and try again - nothing. Same with toggling the A/C, changing where the air is diverted, or even the temperature.

It works 20% of the time, or it is completely unresponsive. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I solved this. It looks like a wire clip in the center console is loose. If I tap the center console with my knee, if works (until center console is bumped again). When I get the recall done, I'll have the dealership look at this as well.

·
Loves to talk
1,101 Posts
I suspect this is a unique issue that you have correctly diagnosed.

My HVAC is fully up to modern performance standards. It will freeze you out on even the warmest days at the coldest settings and heat the cabin evenly on winter days, as should be expected. Once they correct your intermittent connection you will be well pleased, shocked even, at how well the cabin cools and heats. Temperature control of our cars, both as respects HVAC and the mechanical systems that maintain the motor's operating temperature bears no relationship to the old reputation of British cars having mediocre climate control and engine cooling.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think mine is British, barely works. I will have them check it at the shop and report back. I am supposed to go in this week for an oil check for the 460HP kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts