The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Supercharger has to be serviced (oil) and can the owner do it and how? Thanks a lot!!!

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
This site, like most, has a search function.

Even better:

How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the Supercharger has to be serviced (oil) and can the owner do it and how? Thanks a lot!!!
It is not listed by Lotus as a normal service item. They are sealed, unless as in some early 400's they leaked out the nose. You are better off search Eaton TVS supercharger maintenance recommendations.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
My last 3 cars were modified with Eaton TVS Superchargers and never required any type of maintenance

·
Loves to talk
1,059 Posts
There is no scheduled maintenance although you will find recommendations to change the oil (a separate operation) at relatively long intervals. The issues on a few early 400s regarding leaks from the supercharger are not endemic to the design and resulted from improper seals in the OEM supplied device....a condition that has since been rectified and was fixed under warranty for the few cars that suffered the problem. Not a concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts