The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Annual GGLC "Anti-Football" Drive - Jan 28, 2017

START:
Meet at 9:00am at Peet's Coffee, 20439 Redwood Rd, Castro Valley, CA 94546. Near Castro Valley Blvd & Redwood Rd. MAP

We will depart from the start point at 9:30 sharp.

The Annual Anti-Football Drive is Saturday January 28 and head to the east bay! We will meet in Castro Valley and then head north up Redwood Road the Oakland and Berkeley Hills and then past Briones Reservior to Martinez.

Our destination is the Cobra Experience, a non-profit museum committed to the promotion, conservation, education and preservation of the cars produced by Shelby American. There are the Cobra Experience we will have lunch ($25/person) and a private tour of the museum. The Cobra Experience showcases original Cobra’s, Shelby Mustangs, Daytona Coupe, GT40, King Cobra, Sunbeam Tigers and a Lotus! There are engine and wheel displays, posters, photos and a shop scene as it was at Shelby American in the 60’s. Unique to the museum is a 40-seat surround sound theater which features a HD film about the cars and about the Ford and Shelby American story.

This is a casual moderate paced drive. The road conditions are always iffy at this time of the year so the pace will take into consideration the recent and then current weather.

IMPORTANT! Please RSVP and reserve your lunch. Space is limited on the tour. Non-members are welcome, but GGLC members will have priority.

To RSVP and pay for your lunches go to: Golden Gate Lotus Club > Events - MotorsportReg.com There is no fee or reservation needed for just the drive (no lunch/museum).

WEATHER - We'll do this rain or shine!

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I want to go but I just moved and I can not get my Lotus in and out of my drive way by myself right now. I need to build a ramp. Might be my project for the weekend.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all that attended! Weather was cool, but clear and the roads were a bit messy in a few places, but expected with all our recent rains. Hope you all enjoyed the Cobra Experience museum!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,351 Posts
It was a fun day, thanks for organizing it Kiyoshi!

Some of those roads though had me checking for bent wheels when I got home, luckily all is OK. I definitely need to figure out my Penske settings a bit more for that type of driving as I felt like I was bouncing all over the place. Maybe I have them set too soft. They were great on the freeway home though.

That was me with you on 680S for awhile on the way home until I peeled off for 580 to hit the San Mateo Bridge.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,384 Posts
Just curious, but if it was an anti-football drive, why not next weekend (Super Bowl)? I must be missing something.

San

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just curious, but if it was an anti-football drive, why not next weekend (Super Bowl)? I must be missing something.
San
Haha! Originally, this drive was on the Conference Championship weekend, but the 49ers were often playing in that game and we got complaints! So, it got moved to the week after, which meant there was no football, but the name stuck. And now the 49ers suck. Maybe we could move it back to the original weekend. Or, we could rename the drive to, "I'm tired of 4 months of football, thank gawd the Super Bowl is next weekend and I don't care who's playing Drive!"

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,384 Posts
Haha! Originally, this drive was on the Conference Championship weekend, but the 49ers were often playing in that game and we got complaints! So, it got moved to the week after, which meant there was no football, but the name stuck. And now the 49ers suck. Maybe we could move it back to the original weekend. Or, we could rename the drive to, "I'm tired of 4 months of football, thank gawd the Super Bowl is next weekend and I don't care who's playing Drive!"

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
Thanks. Makes sense now.

San

·
Premium Member
2005 Lotus Elise; 2007 Lotus Exige S; 2012 Porsche 991S
1,351 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts