The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Save the dates - Sept 21-24, 2017!!

WCLM (West Coast Lotus Meet) Returns.

4 Days of Lotus FUN in Central Coast California. Schedule is still being finalized, but includes drives, car show, track day, funkana, autocross, and surprises.

More info to come. Hope to have the website and registration available by mid Fed. West Coast Lotus Meet

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
570 Posts
Sweet! Right in my neck of the woods. Assuming the trackday is at LS, is there a chance to do it on a 103 decibel day, rather than 90? Not sure if that is even possible, but I think the 90db limit would black flag most of the guys running aftermarket exhaust on their Lotus; Elige especially.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Sweet! Right in my neck of the woods. Assuming the trackday is at LS, is there a chance to do it on a 103 decibel day, rather than 90? Not sure if that is even possible, but I think the 90db limit would black flag most of the guys running aftermarket exhaust on their Lotus; Elige especially.
I would think the track day would be at Buttonwillow. That is where we held it last time we had a WCLM at the central coast. Quick scenic drive to the coast from BW.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Hey Kiyoshi, Randy!

Will be nice to return to the Central Coast after 11 years.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Kiyoshi, Randy!

Will be nice to return to the Central Coast after 11 years.
Gad!!! Has it been that long!??! I guess so... crap, I'm getting old! :)

So, yes on Buttonwillow for WCLM Track Day on Sep 21 (Thurs) and then a nice 2-3 hr scenic drive to the coast. The last couple of BW events the GGLC has done we used layout #1 or #13 and split the day going one direction in the AM and the opposite in the PM. Typically that means at least 3 half hour sessions in each direction. Folks have enjoyed this format, it's like getting two events for the price of one! Not saying we'll do that for the WCLM Day, but it's highly likely.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I recall that WCLM at Morro Bay... the track day at BW was so freaking hot and my Elise had the AC of a old British dude with asthma blowing through a straw. By the afternoon I was so burnt and tired... just driving toward the coast was an experience. As we dipped down and the temps dropped 20 degrees and the canyon roads were covered in a green canopy... glorious!

And speaking of which... one of my all time favorite driving memories. The next morning a group of us got up early to blast up Highway 1 through Big Sur. Started out cool and foggy, but as we passed north of San Simeon, the fog lifted and we had wonderful clear skies and cool temps. Top off, tunes turned up. Morgan behind me in his Elan with the vacuum activated headlights. Great group of people. No traffic. One of my best drives.

By the way, the goal is bring the new Origin car to the event. Making plans!

451 Posts
Have some bulls-eyes made for the side mirrors (removable, stretchable) for all the entrants. Have them placed on both side mirrors. If the bugs are out, the guy who gets a bulls-eye at the event wins a "special" prize... it also helps with bug problem... ;)

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update...

Plans are falling together for Sept 21-24

> Hotel Corque in Solvang is taking reservations.

SEMI-SOLID SCHEDULE
Thursday - Sept 21
> WCLM Track Day is set for Buttonwillow Raceway
> WCLM Reception will be at Hotel Corque

Friday - Sept 22
> WCLM Drive #1
> Tour of Mendenhall's Museum of Gasoline Pumps' & Petroliana
> WCLM Funkana
> WCLM Happy Hour & Tour of the Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum

Saturday - Sept 23
> WCLM Drive #2
> WCLM Autocross
> WCLM Cocktail/Wine Tasting
> WCLM Banquet

Sunday - Sept 24
> WCLM Concours/Car Show
> WCLM Awards & BBQ/Lunch

We should have registration open within a week.

West Coast Lotus Meet 2017 (Solvang, CA)

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts