The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Xpel is great stuff but I would think you would want to add https://www.xpel.com/Bumper-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_4127 to your purchase as a minimum. You really need both to get full frontal protection. You may find it easier to just find a Xpel certified installer in your area and have them quote you for the whole car because you really need it all if you car is in great shape.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Xpel is great stuff but I would think you would want to add https://www.xpel.com/Bumper-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_4127 to your purchase as a minimum. You really need both to get full frontal protection. You may find it easier to just find a Xpel certified installer in your area and have them quote you for the whole car because you really need it all if you car is in great shape.
while i do agree the need of having it at the bottom, my bottom clear bra actually still looks good. not sure i want to spend time taking it off while it still looks good.

just the top one is cracked and currently in the process of coming off. i'm not a perfectionist, so as long as it looks good and not cracked, it can keep taking the hits. i also understand that if i wait too long, it will be almost impossible to remove - which actually the time has passed for that and it will be impossible to remove (like the top part currently is). so if i don't worry about the bottom, i'll save about 8-12 hours of labor removing the curvy bottom. come 6 months too 4 years from now when i need to replace the bottom, my hand will be healed from removing the top.

·
Registered
854 Posts
while i do agree the need of having it at the bottom, my bottom clear bra actually still looks good. not sure i want to spend time taking it off while it still looks good.

just the top one is cracked and currently in the process of coming off. i'm not a perfectionist, so as long as it looks good and not cracked, it can keep taking the hits. i also understand that if i wait too long, it will be almost impossible to remove - which actually the time has passed for that and it will be impossible to remove (like the top part currently is). so if i don't worry about the bottom, i'll save about 8-12 hours of labor removing the curvy bottom. come 6 months too 4 years from now when i need to replace the bottom, my hand will be healed from removing the top.
I agree with the pain of removing it. I averaged about 1 hour / square foot when I removed mine! Lot's of advice here on LotusTalk on how to get it all off. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts