The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Katie's, 01/05/19

I hope 2019 is not an extension of 2018, weather-wise. The first Katie's of 2019 was hampered by rain, but the loyal core group still showed up. On a positive note, it wasn't too cold, and it was not actively raining.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Katie's, 01/12/19

It was cold this morning - 27 degrees. No wind, but snow is coming this afternoon. Why didn't I drive the Seven this morning? Because it was 27 degrees. Why didn't I drive the Elise? The Elise, which has been on its CTEK charger all along, would not start this morning. Grrr…. So, I drove my wife's Smart ForTwo. Not impressed with the performance? Well, it's a rear-engined, 2-seater, 1650 lb. car. Still not convinced? OK, it fits in our two-car garage, with the Elise and the Seven!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Katie's, 02/23/19

I've been on vacation for the last 5 weeks. I had a great time, but it's good to be back...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bob, I'm almost 4 hours away, but it's a real nice drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains for me, so I might just make it. Can share the street address and the date/time of the next cars & coffee at Katie's?

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Katie's

Bob, I'm almost 4 hours away, but it's a real nice drive through the Blue Ridge Mountains for me, so I might just make it. Can share the street address and the date/time of the next cars & coffee at Katie's?
Serge:

Here's the issue - Katie's starts REALLY EARLY. At this time of year, you will have no problem getting a 'good' space if you get here before 7:00AM. If you can do that, great. By the time summer comes around, it's more like 6:00AM for a good spot, on the front lot.

Here's an alternative - twice a year, our local Lotus club (NoVA Lotus) holds a Get Your Lotus Out event. We hold these on Sundays, and we use a few different venues. Keep an eye on our website's calendar to see when it gets scheduled - probably in mid-May.

Welcome | NoVA Lotus Club

Katie's address is -

760 Walker Rd, Great Falls, VA 22066

--Bob Collum

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Katie's, 03/02/19

It's March, and I say it's time for better weather. It seems like we've had rain practically every weekend since the middle of last summer. Who do we contact to fix this?

Cold and misty today, but (as often on bad-weather Saturdays), German cars came out in numbers. Lots of BMWs, including a new BMW 8 Series.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Katie's, 03/09/19

This morning, I took my Elise to Katie's for the first time this year. We had snow last night, but the streets were dry when I left home, and the temperature as above freezing - 34F, in fact. This is what passes for good weather here, lately.

It seems like, when it's cold & wet & snowy, almost all the cars that show up to Katie's are German.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Katie's, 03/16/19

Amazing! We had a cool, clear Saturday, and the biggest Katie's by far this year! A few Lotus, and several Lotus people there today, the day before St. Patrick's Day!

I saw a navy blue Evora leaving early (never saw it parked), but could not get a decent picture of it...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Katie's, 03/23/19

Sorry - my laptop gave up the ghost in late March, and I'm just catching up in mid-April! My friend Pete drove his well-turned-out Sprite...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Katie's, 03/30/19

A pretty good turnout. In addition to my Caterham, Chuck S. brought his Westfield, and there was an Exige there.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Katie's, 04/06/19

A pretty good day for Lotus at Katie's. In addition to my (freshly detailed) Elise, there was also an Exige with carbon doors, which I had never seen, as well as an Evora.
Steve M. returned with his amazing Lotus Omega!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Katie's - ????

I have to wonder what made someone do this to their car. The wing... look at the angle on it! Note that the exhaust has been re-routed to the rear valence, flanking the license plate. Finally, the 'speedster-style' windshield appears to have been done by using a Sawzall on the pillars, and the (I think) plexiglass windshield. With the windshield frame no longer providing any support, I have to think this 'Ultimate Driving Machine' has the chassis rigidity of a grilled cheese sandwich! Kudos!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Katie's, 04/13/19

It rained through the night last night, but stopped 20 minutes before I left home to go to Katie's. As a result, Cars & Coffee got a late start, and was limited to not much more than a full front lot. Still, there were some nice cars there!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Katie's, 04/20/19

It rained all night, last night. That kept attendance down a bit, but the day before Easter still brought out a fair number of cars & people.
There was a Tesla Roadster, the cousin to the Elise, and two Lancias.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In May, I think I might come to one of the Saturday morning meets and afterwards visit a friend in Baltimore.
Let me know in advance, and we'll see if we can get several Lotus to show up! (I will be there...)

--Bob Collum

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Katie's In May

In May, I think I might come to one of the Saturday morning meets and afterwards visit a friend in Baltimore.
Let me know in advance, and we'll see if we can get several Lotus to show up! (I will be there...)

--Bob Collum

1 - 20 of 80 Posts