The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 01/06/19

A nice day for the first Cameron's Cars & Coffee of 2019: clear skies and mild, for January. It was high 30's, with no wind. We had a pretty decent turnout, including two Lotus - my Elise, and Bob Scates' Esprit.

Happy new year!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 03/03/19

At this time of year, this might be more properly termed a 'Coffee with Some Cars'. I don't mind the cold - it's early March, so that is to be expected in the Northern Virginia area. However, we are fed up with rain, snow and ice... and the tons and tons of salt put down to prevent occasional ice patches.

So, a large number of interesting cars typically doesn't happen at this time of year. Still, it's an opportunity to catch up with fellow car people, and talk about the cars we wish we could have driven.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Great to have you back, Bob.

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 03/17/19

Glorious! Two weekend days without rain! It was cold... 29F when I got there at the 8:00AM start time. Still, the pent-up demand by regulars brought out a lot of vehicles. Bob Scates brought his Esprit out, so there were two Lotus in attendance.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 03/24/19

A small but interesting group there today. Two ACR Vipers showed up...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 04/14/19

A misty Sunday morning, so my expectations were low for turnout. As it happens, there was good attendance, anyway. A couple of really nice, older British cars were there.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fairfax Circle (Cameon's), 05/26/19

The area around Cameron's was given over to a staging area for the Rolling Thunder motorcycle event.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 06/02/19

While Cameron's has never developed into a large C & C venue, our small weekly event here has enthusiastic people, and quality vehicles.
This week, Mark Franke and Bob Scates drove their Esprits.

Brothers Dino and Jerry Andreatos upped the exotic-car ante with their F430 and GT3 RS.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 06/16/19

A light-attendance day today, for Father's Day, but still good quality!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 07/28/19

A pretty good turnout for Cameron's today. You can pretty much count on both Bob Scates and me showing up in our Lotus.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 08/11/19

It was a perfect morning for a drive. Those of us in open cars had it best - it was sunny and low-60's. A good turnout at Cameron's.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 08/18/19

This morning, it was fairly hot and humid, even as early as 8:00AM. Still, the faithful showed up.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 09/01/19

A beautiful morning for a drive! We had a pretty good turnout, on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 09/08/19

A good turnout of Lotus today - Bob Scates' Esprit, Alan Olson's blue Elise, and my red Elise. (As you can tell by the hard top installed on my Elise, I just did my fall detailing.) We only had my Elise and one Exige, belonging to new Lotus owner Joosung Lee, at Katie's yesterday!

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 09/15/19

A smaller-than-usual turnout today, since a few regulars were away. No shortage of horsepower, though...

--Bob Collum

Attachments

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), 09/29/19

A beautiful morning for a drive! Our group of friends goes here most Sundays, from 8:00AM thru about 10:00AM. Cameron's has coffee, hot chocolate, and baked goods for breakfast, starting at 8:00AM.

--Bob Collum

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts