The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to Road Atlanta this year for the Petit LeMans? This will be the last race for the Ford GT race team and the last year of the C7R for Corvette prior to the C8R taking over. I'm heading up on Saturday for the main race.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C8.R on display at Road Atlanta. Supposed to make a run before the race. The talk of the track has been how the twin turbo V8 will sound. The C7.R is one of the angriest sounding cars on the track. We'll see how the C8 is. I'll post video if I get some.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Just left the track. Indeed the “new Corvette” was the popular interest. A lot to like, will be interesting to see how they do on track as they are developed.

When the race prepped car (the grey one above) left the fan walk it was remarkable. Sounded nothing like a Corvette V8. My son and I both thought it was a bit reminiscent of an old school F1 motor back before they were ruined. But just a brief sample.

Helluva finish.

And oh yeah, during the race we worked a deal for the car that will hold us over as we wait to see what Lotus will have on offer in three years. More to be revealed...

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
Sounds so much better!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts