The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Nice to have a choice of sports machines. Enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome! More pics please

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of you that have tested / purchased an Evora GT, I have a question. I last sat in a 400 some 3 years ago and the whiff of resin gave me a headache that lasted for 2 days. Anything similar on the GT? Of all the things Gales did to improve the Evora, I'd think someone would take note of this. Unless of course, you breathe it all day at the factory and say "what smell?"

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wife is very sensitive to chemical smells. We used to have a 911 SC Porsche and every time we rode in it she got a headache and became sick. So far we’ve had no problem with the Evora GT. It does smell like a new car inside but I wouldn’t call it a resin chemical smell.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My 2010 has a similar smell as the Evora. It has only 3k miles. Neither car gives us a headache from the smell.

·
Illegal Alien
5,147 Posts
Somewhat of a glue smell, I think its the adhesive to glue down the Alcantara .. it dissipates

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
985 Posts
No smell in my GT other than typical new car smell... as opposed to my old Elan that always smelled of resin.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Every person who has taken a ride in my car comments on the smell of leather. Even after a year. Not sure where a resin smell would come from.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Every person who has taken a ride in my car comments on the smell of leather. Even after a year. Not sure where a resin smell would come from.
Yes, with my previous '12 S and current '17 400 have always had "new leather car smell" and gives a good feeling each time entering car....some "resin/glue" component??..perhaps, but if so, overshadowed by leather.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
looks like you have your garage door usage mixed up>....HEHE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts