The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice writeup/video-thanks. Noted water condensation dripping from distant joint of new delete pipe, and also dripping from valve rod. Probably can't do much about valve drip/leak (Lotus part/design) but any concerns of exhaust gas leakage from distant joint of delete pipe?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Some advantages to keeping the valve functional; some tracks have noise ordinances and you have to run closed, some neighbors appreciate it in the early morning, the ability to keep it on the down low when passing the men in blue for long highway trips a lower noise allows better music or phone calls. There is also something satisfying about pressing the button and choosing to open it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No issues with any gases leaking from the joints. You may note in the video I poked my head under there to check out any potential leaks. The condensation I’m not worried about. As for the sound, to each is own. I don’t live in an area I need to worry about neighbors and at low RPM the sound is similar to stock; only at high RPMs does it sing. And that is why you do this mod. What I like about a Lotus vs other cars I’ve owned is the analog nature of the car even as a 2020. Changing suspension modes, exhaust modes, is what most new cars require to get it where you really want it but what makes a Lotus a Lotus is you get in and go without having to spend time on modes, even though when you want Sport or Race they are a finger tip away.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
On my 488 I disconnected the vacuum line since there is no option to leave them open, but with my 400 I can so why do that? I did decat and Larni exhaust and car really sounds great, if you want to get to next level GRP CAI is a must.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
657 Posts
Well done man. Me personally didn't want to deal with it , so I took the car to my dealer (Prestige Imports) to install the pipe. Enjoy that glorious sound, specially after the break in period. It is INSANE. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 488 I disconnected the vacuum line since there is no option to leave them open, but with my 400 I can so why do that? I did decat and Larni exhaust and car really sounds great, if you want to get to next level GRP CAI is a must.
What difference does it provide in seat of the pants exhilaration if any, or improvement of sound since the decat has been done?

·
Registered
363 Posts
What difference does it provide in seat of the pants exhilaration if any, or improvement of sound since the decat has been done?
You will find the upper rpms exhilarating... perhaps to the point where you back off before redline because its screaming a beautiful song.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts