The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 594 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Those carbon backed seats look awesome wish the 400 came with them. Anyway we can replace our backs with those?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,134 Posts
I am happy to see this version - would be happier with the full GT430 Sport. I'm relieved that the rear fascia was changed as the 400 rear was not to my taste. The GT is going to keep the Lotus Flag in the air while the new cars make their appearance. :up::up::up:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Overall the car looks quite nice. The rear has much better lines than the 400. I wonder if they will offer some different options though. For example, can they paint the full back. I don't like the bandit mask look and I don't need to show off my carbon fiber. Also, I would prefer a glass back over the engine. Finally, only 5 colors to choose from with no yellow option? At least the orange looks like a nice bright color option.

Overall though this is very nice upgrade to a car that has been getting a lot of attention from car reviewers. I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I do find it funny that the only place I am told my car is ugly is the Lotus forum. While I do like the GT430 front more, in reality you could drive a red S1, 400 and GT430 back to back to back to work and its likely no one would know that they are different cars. When I got my 400 most people (even car people) asked me if I got my S painted.

Also, hate to break it to people, but this is the end of the line for the Evora most likely. Its a complete waste of money to crash test Evoras just for the GT430 front end or whatever they would need to do. While Lotus may have an influx of money. I guarantee almost none of it was for the current line-up of cars. Its all for the next line-up and maybe a little for the rumored stop-gap car. It seems the new Lotus era starts with the hypercar, and will overlap the old era for a couple years (Evora GT & possible stop-gap).

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Overall the car looks quite nice. The rear has much better lines than the 400. I wonder if they will offer some different options though. For example, can they paint the full back. I don't like the bandit mask look and I don't need to show off my carbon fiber. Also, I would prefer a glass back over the engine. Finally, only 5 colors to choose from with no yellow option? At least the orange looks like a nice bright color option.

Overall though this is very nice upgrade to a car that has been getting a lot of attention from car reviewers. I am looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.
Price list has 28 colors + bespoke. They still have Essex Orange at level B pricing and Burnt Orange at Level C. They do no list bespoke painting of carbon roof surfaces; maybe it can be ordered at bespoke pricing. I rear glass is highly unlikely as it is a big part of weight reduction, however if one does not order the carbon pack, I don't know what they give you for a back hatch.

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Also, hate to break it to people, but this is the end of the line for the Evora most likely. Its a complete waste of money to crash test Evoras just for the GT430 front end or whatever they would need to do. ...
But the claim is that they did do cash testing to try to get approval of the 430 front end; the issue is not the safety collision testing although the claim is they did that to be able to offer the carbon backed GT seat, but rather the parking lot ding testing that must be performed first. Per NHTSA

"Bumper Standard - Requirements Part 581.5(c) (8) The exterior surfaces shall have no separations of surface materials, paint, polymeric coatings, or other covering materials from the surface to which they are bonded, and no permanent deviations from their original contours 30 minutes after completion of each pendulum and barrier impact, except where such damage occurs to the bumper face bar and the components and associated fasteners that directly attach the bumper face bar to the chassis frame."

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do find it funny that the only place I am told my car is ugly is the Lotus forum. While I do like the GT430 front more, in reality you could drive a red S1, 400 and GT430 back to back to back to work and its likely no one would know that they are different cars. When I got my 400 most people (even car people) asked me if I got my S painted.
Agree with that... the 430 front end is nice, but it is also derivative of several late model supercars...

The 400 front end is unique - not as pretty, but for some folks that's a plus - the Elise and original Evora looked a bit feminine, and giving the front a stronger jawline helps out in that regard... As time passes the 400 front end will probably be better appreciated.

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Agree with that... the 430 front end is nice, but it is also derivative of several late model supercars...

The 400 front end is unique - not as pretty, but for some folks that's a plus - the Elise and original Evora looked a bit feminine, and giving the front a stronger jawline helps out in that regard... As time passes the 400 front end will probably be better appreciated.
The benefit of 430 front end w/ splitter is improved cooling flow to radiators/ coolers and improved airflow downforce.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Price list has 28 colors + bespoke. They still have Essex Orange at level B pricing and Burnt Orange at Level C. They do no list bespoke painting of carbon roof surfaces; maybe it can be ordered at bespoke pricing. I rear glass is highly unlikely as it is a big part of weight reduction, however if one does not order the carbon pack, I don't know what they give you for a back hatch.
Carbon is package at $10,000. No carbon, then is either black pack or as an option painted the color of the car (except for the hatch, that is mandatory black). Yes, no glass hatch option available.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well I guess I could get used to the louvered hatch. Having it black would be fine with me. I would prefer the bandit mask gone though. Also, the website shows very limited colors. It is good to hear that there are more standard colors available.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Paint colors:

Standard - Red, White NCO
Metallic - Silver, Motorsport Black, Yellow, Nightfall Blue - $3700
Premium - Old English White, Sky Blue, Exige Orange, Essex Blue, Airforce Blue, Epson Green, Military Green, Fire Red, Daytona Blue, Vivid Green, Battleship Grey, Empire Green, Pewter Grey, Phantom Black - $5900
Exclusive - Copper Fire Red, Liquid Yellow, Verde Ithaca, Evorio Ivory, Burnt Orange, Aubergine Purple, Olive Green, Pearl White, Cyan Blue, 3-11 Red. - $8100

Bestpoke Paint - $8100

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Well I guess I could get used to the louvered hatch. Having it black would be fine with me. I would prefer the bandit mask gone though..
Quite agree. That hatch is unfortunate. But probably needed to let heat out. I wonder how paint would fare on it.

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
Buffalo NY dealer sent me this message

“First 2020 evora 430 variant the evora gt. 422 hp under 3,000 lbs and zero to 60. 3.8 sec!”

First one on the East Coast I guess
So the 430 is 422 hp 49-state and 416 CA? Does anyone have similar figures for the 400?

Of the total 60 cars, how many will come to US?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don’t think they subdivided the 400s that way. They are all the same federal spec. I also don’t think the US GT is a limited edition like the GT 430.

21 - 40 of 594 Posts