The Lotus Cars Community banner

501 - 520 of 552 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
the only reason for a CF painted bumper and not carbon look in this car could be due to a scrap. in the rest of the world there is the 410 sport that has resin painted bumpers and i guess that this is the one fitted on the white car.
on the french supercar we do where I work, there are CF painted parts, but is a different level of price.
I think that it will be quite impossible to do a scrap on the 430 bumper because the exposed CF is easy to do (no sharp edges, complicated surfaces, etc).
that's why I think that the white bumper is a 410 sport one for sure.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I looked through thread quickly and didn't see anyone talking about this vs c8 vette. should be a good comparison. lotus gets the light weight, feel, stick shift. vette gets power, comfort, dct. and its about 50% discount. plus the c8 is targa or convertible. why cant lotus offer Evora targa? seems like a no brainer to me.

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
I looked through thread quickly and didn't see anyone talking about this vs c8 vette. should be a good comparison. lotus gets the light weight, feel, stick shift. vette gets power, comfort, dct. and its about 50% discount. plus the c8 is targa or convertible. why cant lotus offer Evora targa? seems like a no brainer to me.
C8 talk is in the general other cars section of the forum, I think most people in this thread are focused on the GT edition of the Evora. Their are dozens and dozens of cars more expensive than a corvette that don't compete by pure numbers, but the same can be said for the Lous, why do people pay $300K for a McLaren or GT3 RS when a Lotus offers better steering feel and depending on how equipped, similar performance. People don't pay $100K to $5mm for a new car just for some paper performance spec. Also I know a number of people that have ordered a C8 with no intent to replace anything that they have, just to get one and try it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I believe this thread is about the GT, not GT vs C8

However, I do not believe it’s 50% less for a C8, more like 20-30%

Base $60k vs $97k

Loaded $80k vs $130k

Once the higher spec C8’s are available, I am sure they will be well above the price of a loaded GT, also with probably twice (or more) the HP

However, in real world, what are the C8’s sellin for? Are they at or above MSRP? While GT’s are being discounted?

I am looking forward to Road and Tracks car of the year comparison, from the smoking tire C8 track review, looks like a green Evora GT is in the comparison!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yeah, this has been discussed ad nauseum. Let’s not pollute this thread with same rehashed comments. :wallbang::wallbang:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Exclusivity is fun.

By the summer of 2021 there will be C8s everywhere you go. I might even get a top trim C8 but I know that I will still be driving my Evora more often.

I really do not see this as an either/or.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me too. The GT will get a fair shake in their hands, will be interesting.
I am looking forward to Road and Tracks car of the year comparison, from the smoking tire C8 track review, looks like a green Evora GT is in the comparison!
I'm going to guess it was in the top 3 for PCOTY. Usually, the way they take the picture tells you. So C8 won, 911 second, and the Lotus Third. But we shall see. Motortrend just announced the 911 winning their best drivers car for 2019

·
Registered
17 Posts
Exclusivity is fun.

By the summer of 2021 there will be C8s everywhere you go. I might even get a top trim C8 but I know that I will still be driving my Evora more often.

I really do not see this as an either/or.
I will be interested in the flat plane crank z06 c8 after it hits the market if that comes to fruition.

·
Loves to talk
812 Posts
Farah's video on the 992 C2 was a total rave with no discernible negatives. He did a lot of backing and filling regarding the C8. Even for the Evora to take 3rd place in such a field would be a victory. We opt for these cars based on the balance of qualities that appeal to us as individuals. Somebody else's order of battle is sure to not be ours. If the highest priorities are feel, occasion and a lightness of being not reflected in the numbers, the Evora is easy to see near the top in any sports car grouping.

It was surprising to hear Farah suggest the C8 to is not as richly/specially/ appointed as the GT. His critique of the C8's interior is that it is isolating when you bring somebody else along and the materials are consistent with the price. Which you could say about our cars. But the Evora is a very intimate experience. I think the Evora will finish in 3rd or 4th place but just being in the running is high praise.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Well, after visiting Lotus's site and inquiring about the new GT, I got a call from Simon with Lotus UK and then from the closest dealership about my interest. I plan to follow up with them tomorrow or Wednesday about scheduling a test drive in one of the 2 2020 GTs they have sometime next week.

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
911's have that cult following...you know, those people that like looking at the same thing for their entire lives....I, for one, care less for them....although I do respect their chops I have hated the look since I was a kid. I think it goes along with that german arrogance.. Think of those arrogant F1 driver's...Schumacher, Vettel....no where's near as gracious as Button or Hamilton (our British gents). Corvette guys/gals think they are all that. I equate them to the Johny bravo types. God, isn't profiling fun.👺

·
Registered
174 Posts
911's have that cult following...you know, those people that like looking at the same thing for their entire lives....I, for one, care less for them....although I do respect their chops I have hated the look since I was a kid. I think it goes along with that german arrogance.. Think of those arrogant F1 driver's...Schumacher, Vettel....no where's near as gracious as Button or Hamilton (our British gents). Corvette guys/gals think they are all that. I equate them to the Johny bravo types. God, isn't profiling fun.👺
I like 911s, they are overpriced and understyled, but hell of a good car.

I hate 911 owners.

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
They learn quickly that arrogance does not make you fast.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
They learn quickly that arrogance does not make you fast.
There's an old motorcycling saying that fits (coined for Harley buyers over the last 20 years): "$10,000 and 10 miles does not make you a biker." The Porsche variant would be something like '$100K and a track day doesn't make you fast.' In other brand P news, I was driving my kid and me to work in the (Stock, NA) Elise today and a neighbor in a Macan S tried to impress me with its acceleration. I was unimpressed. OTOH, Porsche is making lots of money selling Macans and Cayennes to...brand shoppers.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lotus of Jacksonville just received a new unsold unit.
Monoco white w/red stripe seats
6-Speed Paddle Shift Auto $2700
Subwoofer and Amplifier 500
Alcantara Steering Wheel 450

Total Suggested Retail Price $102,595

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I hate 911 owners.
Dude - that's not cool! ;)

I own two 911's and an Esprit. I've also owned many, many Loti over the years... I'm deeply hurt... :cool:

501 - 520 of 552 Posts