The Lotus Cars Community banner

521 - 540 of 552 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
There's an old motorcycling saying that fits (coined for Harley buyers over the last 20 years): "$10,000 and 10 miles does not make you a biker." The Porsche variant would be something like '$100K and a track day doesn't make you fast.' In other brand P news, I was driving my kid and me to work in the (Stock, NA) Elise today and a neighbor in a Macan S tried to impress me with its acceleration. I was unimpressed. OTOH, Porsche is making lots of money selling Macans and Cayennes to...brand shoppers.
No doubt a lot of current Porsche buyers buy for brand status but there is also a large block that buy because they love the way they drive. I've owned 2 Cayennes and my wife's car is a Macan S and I love them. They all drive like a 911, are fun, and are generally bulletproof (but when they do break out of warranty holy cow they are expensive!).

Roy

ps. as for the "fast" comment I always have a good time passing a new 911 at a track day when we are testing our 15 year old Honda race car (ChampCar Endurance Series). The drivers are thinking "wtf how is that POS passing me"? :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dude - that's not cool! ;)

I own two 911's and an Esprit. I've also owned many, many Loti over the years... I'm deeply hurt... :cool:
haha, just being provocative that's all. My best friend is a rabid 911 nutjob. I have owned one 911. Just one. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts

having a little fun with the 2020 Evora GT. while I understand the comparisons to other cars, it comes down to personal choice and driver connection to the car and while I could have bought another make model (insert here), I opted for the car I absolutely love.

·
Registered
174 Posts
View attachment 1254367

having a little fun with the 2020 Evora GT. while I understand the comparisons to other cars, it comes down to personal choice and driver connection to the car and while I could have bought another make model (insert here), I opted for the car I absolutely love.
Your car is gorgeous. I love the silver turbine wheels on a dark color evora. I know they picked up the various pieces out of the parts bin and recycled, but the GT really came together. Gorgeous looking car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It’s a front bumper and cf front lip away (lots of cf ducts and new under tray) from being a GT430! Waiting on two CF air ducts...all OEM Lotus Evora GT 430 parts, shame Lotus did not bring it here as specked in the rest of the world!

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
It’s a front bumper and cf front lip away (lots of cf ducts and new under tray) from being a GT430! Waiting on two CF air ducts...all OEM Lotus Evora GT 430 parts, shame Lotus did not bring it here as specked in the rest of the world!
They tried, does not meet our insurance industry mandated 5 mph parking lot bumper test with no deformation or visual damage larger than a 2" diameter, imnm

·
Premium Member
6,239 Posts
Ahh, the insurance industry...again. They'd like EVERYTHING wrapped in bubble wrap 2ft thick.

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Ahh, the insurance industry...again. They'd like EVERYTHING wrapped in bubble wrap 2ft thick.
Well they don't think that specifically, they focus on 3 things. 1. "How do we get the best ROI on our [your premium] money"; 2. "How do we minimize payout on claims [ah require policy holder to purchase extra double wrap]"; 3. "how do we convince regulators that we need to raise premiums"

·
Registered
42 Posts
Lotus is a engineering company. We all know it was a lack of effort for the American market.
Probably not effort but money. Everything in business comes down to money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
as for the "fast" comment I always have a good time passing a new 911 at a track day when we are testing our 15 year old Honda race car (ChampCar Endurance Series). The drivers are thinking "wtf how is that POS passing me"? :)
My first exposure to sports car racing was flag crew at a double SARRC when I was in college. I quickly learned that looking fast and going fast were (mostly) two different things. My favorite cars to flag, watch, and check out in the pits were definitely the ITA sedans - cheap, fun, and often quite quick.

521 - 540 of 552 Posts