The Lotus Cars Community banner

581 - 594 of 594 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
2) or a Kia Soul. This one is trickier, because Kia also offers a GT model, so drivers will need to get within 2-3 feet of your rear bumper in order to recognize other differences. Of course, rest easy knowing that your Lotus will stop faster than 99.9% of the other vehicles you're likely to encounter on the road. Including the one behind you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Everything borrows from everything. Good artists borrow, great artists steal... Ultimately what looks good on one Evora, may look poor on another based on color, front/rear end style, lighting, etc... Also the light in the roof liner from our cars is off of a chevy truck.

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
The Koreans belong in the stealer category.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If only there was an affordable option... ;) --Sherman

https://hethelsport.com/exterior/front-bumpers/430/
What I don't like is that you cant get it from factory with that look. Especially when you spend ~$100K. Then you have to spend another $5-10 depending on what bits you get to have a 430 look which is not factory.

I'm not knocking on any aftermarket products at all. I love aftermarket stuff, I'm just saying OEM is OEM...

·
Illegal Alien
4,623 Posts
Total Red (as in the French Oil company Total) striping was common in 2011 / 2012 to match the F1 colors that Lotus was a marketing partner with.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Pin striping is a risky proposition. Very fine line between looking good and looking ricey. And more often than not, it ends up looking ricey.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Best pinstriping ever, imho

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Everything borrows from everything.
I've been pointing out fake diffusers on cars to my wife - they're everywhere, generally on vehicles without a shred of bodywork-induced downforce. Instead of bringing the rear bumper cover across in a smooth sweep, they now cast a small, vaguely diffuser-like indent into it. No doubt somebody somewhere thought it made the car look faster/better.

The door edge molding on my '05 Elise diffuser is dinged in one spot. I've been debating which color to go back with. I'm thinking black as it's a yellow car with a silver diffuser.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Love the purple!

581 - 594 of 594 Posts