The Lotus Cars Community banner

641 - 660 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Black wheels are dated to last decade along with skinny jeans and Facebook
Bring on the chrome wheels like the 70’s! JMO
I hear ya but wheels need to match or compliment other accent colors on the car... if not, they look lonely and like an after thought.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Interesting comments, and I've been thinking about the value in choosing a substantially more expensive paint color or a wheel upgrade. The wheels can make sense, given they may reduce unsprung weight, etc., but now that Hot Wheels colors are available to anyone with vinyl and a heat gun, what's the general opinion on paying $8k, $10K or more on a candy-color car (and I did have an Autumn Bronze Evora S at one point)?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
A Red or dark blue is what I'm coveting.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have never been a fan of black wheels, why hide them? For that matter only a few cars to me look good in black... again why hide the lines of the car?

girlfriend loves black... she feels any other color draws attention.... why do that she says?

it would be a really boring world if we all drove the same car, with the same color everything

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting comments, and I've been thinking about the value in choosing a substantially more expensive paint color or a wheel upgrade. The wheels can make sense, given they may reduce unsprung weight, etc., but now that Hot Wheels colors are available to anyone with vinyl and a heat gun, what's the general opinion on paying $8k, $10K or more on a candy-color car (and I did have an Autumn Bronze Evora S at one point)?
So when you get the certificate of provenance it says your car is 1 of 1 in that random color 😂

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Oh if only the factory had been able to do this setup.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
The alcantara and the leather on the steering wheel are reversed

·
Registered
26 Posts
Beautiful.

Is that protective wrapping on the passenger seat?

Pin striping in front bumper and air dams is not factory right?
I had just picked up the car and not factory, it’s all OEM Lotus parts transformation of my US Evora GT to a GT 430 with custom touches! Front bumper and air ducts are CF OEM Lotus and required a new undertray as well. Lots and lots of changes, Ohlins, jhooks, new CF rear hatch, rear wing and more.

Go LOTUS!

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I had just picked up the car and not factory, it’s all OEM Lotus parts transformation of my US Evora GT to a GT 430 with custom touches! Front bumper and air ducts are CF OEM Lotus and required a new undertray as well. Lots and lots of changes, Ohlins, jhooks, new CF rear hatch, rear wing and more.

Go LOTUS!
Great job. Deff not the same as some of the offerings I’ve seen here for the conversion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great job. Deff not the same as some of the offerings I’ve seen here for the conversion.
No not the same. I did a full transformation of the Evora with OEM Lotus GT 430 parts. Took about 9 months waiting for all the CF parts to be made, shipped and then installed. And it added up to the cost of new C8 $$$$$$$$ when all said and done.

Lotus GT 430 Titanium exhaust
Lotus GT 430 CF Rear Hatch with holes
Lotus GT 430 CF Rear Wing
Lotus GT 430 Ohlins
Lotus GT Jhooks
Lotus GT 430 under tray
Lotus GT 430 CF Front Bumper
Louts GT 430 CF Air Ducts
Lotus GT 430 CF front spoiler
Lotus GT 430 CF Buckets (bespoke to my design)
Lotus GT 430 Lithium Ion battery & Cables (Super-B)

Custom Paint, custom stripping
PPF, a few more Knick knacks.....and a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do you mind sharing how much the CF seats and Hatch were from Lotus? I had my SA reach out for a quote and Lotus never responded. He wasn't even sure they would sell us the seats at all because they had not been certified in the states.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you mind sharing how much the CF seats and Hatch were from Lotus? I had my SA reach out for a quote and Lotus never responded. He wasn't even sure they would sell us the seats at all because they had not been certified in the states.
Hi Ryan,

There are two different CF rear hatch types you can look at buying, one without the wing and the other CF hatch for the wing and the price difference is significant. The cost of the CF hatch seats you may want to consider depends on what you want to customize them too.

The best advice I can provide is to reach out to Gary or Chris @ www.DeRoure.com and they can provide you a quote. The website also has a detailed list of parts with some prices in British pounds. It does not include shipping charges or customs which you will have to pay on top.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kostas

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
My dealership said seats would be around around $7,500 each.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Non federal cf seats are 2500 pounds (3200 dollars) each. Plus taxes, plus shipping.
There is a set for sale on a UK site- seloc.

641 - 660 of 667 Posts