The Lotus Cars Community banner

661 - 680 of 747 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Still less than we gave for the Mac. Had this been available we’d have done it. Awesome job, very impressive effort. I’m not having time for such a project, appreciate you sharing what can be done.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Crap, I've been considering retiring but now I'll have to work an extra year to put one of these in my garage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No not the same. I did a full transformation of the Evora with OEM Lotus GT 430 parts. Took about 9 months waiting for all the CF parts to be made, shipped and then installed. And it added up to the cost of new C8 $$$$$$$$ when all said and done.

Lotus GT 430 Titanium exhaust
Lotus GT 430 CF Rear Hatch with holes
Lotus GT 430 CF Rear Wing
Lotus GT 430 Ohlins
Lotus GT Jhooks
Lotus GT 430 under tray
Lotus GT 430 CF Front Bumper
Louts GT 430 CF Air Ducts
Lotus GT 430 CF front spoiler
Lotus GT 430 CF Buckets (bespoke to my design)
Lotus GT 430 Lithium Ion battery & Cables (Super-B)
Do the 430 seats sit any lower than stock? Sat in a 2020 Evora and the top of the windshield was a little low like I almost had to look underneath the roof of the car (6'2"). And to clarify, did the front bumper also require a 430 under tray?

My car should arrive within a month 🤗

What does your car weigh now?!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Also are the cars not coming with window stickers? Can some of you dealers attest to that? My car appears to not have come with one.

·
Supporting Vendor
388 Posts
Also are the cars not coming with window stickers? Can some of you dealers attest to that? My car appears to not have come with one.
Every new car should come with a monroney/window sticker. I would contact the Lotus dealer that you bought your car from to see if they have it. Window stickers are not typically shipped with the vehicle from Lotus UK but shipped in a separate envelope directly from Lotus Cars USA headquarters in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
2,194 Posts
As Gator stated, your dealer should have it. If not, they can contact Lotus Cars USA and ask for a copy.

My car came with an incorrect window sticker. I pointed out the discrepancies to my dealer and Lotus USA sent a corrected copy. So, I now have two different windows stickers for my car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Picked up my car today. It IS awesome. Rearward visibility not as bad as I had feared. Easy clutch. Great interior build quality (smells like a new car not glue). Gear change is the crispest I have experienced. Likes to rev match easily on down shifts. Ride is smooth. WOW!

My back ground is e36 M3, 993 911, 993 Turbo (current), Focus RS (current). In many ways the 2020 Evora is better than all of them. Definitely easier to drive and more comfortable. 993 Turbo seems a little faster. Rear camera fidelity is pretty poor. My car came with this weird stuff wrapped around the interior door releases (Alcantara?). Insurance is $1100 every 6 months.

·
Supporting Vendor
388 Posts
Picked up my car today. It IS awesome. Rearward visibility not as bad as I had feared. Easy clutch. Great interior build quality (smells like a new car not glue). Gear change is the crispest I have experienced. Likes to rev match easily on down shifts. Ride is smooth. WOW!

My back ground is e36 M3, 993 911, 993 Turbo (current), Focus RS (current). In many ways the 2020 Evora is better than all of them. Definitely easier to drive and more comfortable. 993 Turbo seems a little faster. Rear camera fidelity is pretty poor. My car came with this weird stuff wrapped around the interior door releases (Alcantara?). Insurance is $1100 every 6 months. View attachment 1259070 View attachment 1259069
Airforce Blue is a very nice color! Welcome to the Lotus owner's community!

Build materials/quality is one the greatest improvements for the new Evora GT over the outgoing models. No corners were cut and every detail has been accounted for! Carbon Fiber, Alcantara/Leather, and Bespoke options everywhere inside & out!

Your Carbon Pack rear hatch does not help to increase the rearward visibility, but hopefully you'll be driving in the opposite direction to that most of the time! ;)

The felt-like material on your interior door release handles is to protect the gloss black finish from scratches before delivery. We usually remove it when our customers pick up their new race car!

·
Loves to talk
890 Posts
Beautiful car., Slobdog! By the specs, a GT should outpace a 993 Turbo but they deliver their power sufficiently differently that you won't get max thrust from the Lotus until above 5000RPM which means it won't show itself until you conclude that your break in ritual is over. The Lotus is linear and requires revs more in keeping with the feel of a naturally aspirated car. I suspect once you get it broken in you'll find the Lotus well able to keep up with or beat the 993 's acceleration but you will need to drive it differently. The same definitely can't be said of the 997 Turbo which will plaster the 4XX series stock to stock from a light, at least until you're into the meat of third gear, and even then it will probably struggle. I was looking for a 997 Turbo, convinced it would be a future collectible and a great next car for me until I stumbled across the Evora (while looking at a 997 Turbo that was taken in trade by the Lotus dealer) and was bewitched by the way it felt. I never experienced a modern car that was so tactile and still so affordable.

Love has no pride and makes very little sense, but there's no denying it.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

My back ground is e36 M3, 993 911, 993 Turbo (current), Focus RS (current). In many ways the 2020 Evora is better than all of them. Definitely easier to drive and more comfortable. 993 Turbo seems a little faster. Rear camera fidelity is pretty poor. My car came with this weird stuff wrapped around the interior door releases (Alcantara?). Insurance is $1100 every 6 months. View attachment 1259070 View attachment 1259069
Please post more pictures. Love it.

661 - 680 of 747 Posts