The Lotus Cars Community banner

741 - 760 of 855 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
428 Posts
There's a comforting, confident feeling that comes from buying a car from a dealership made of car enthusiasts and not just salesmen and businessmen. There are a handful of Lotus dealers all within around a 3 hour drive from where I live, but I'm so happy I purchased from Gator.
WOW! I don't believe we could have spoken more cordial words even if we had written them ourselves! We are all happy to hear such positive feedback from your experience with us! Thank You.

Our team is continually focused on delivering the best customer experience that we can no matter how big or small the encounter may be. It would appear that we were successful in delivering that kind of experience to you this past Friday. It was truly a pleasure working with you through the process of ordering/buying your new bespoke Lotus Evora GT.

Your GT look absolutely stunning in the pictures that you just posted! ..That Essex Blue ?

We hope to see you again before too long for your first service appointment. If there is anything that you need sales/service/parts, please do not hesitate to contact us. That's why we are here!

We hope you are enjoying your new race car! Welcome to the Lotus family.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
You can serve the country by detoxing contaminated humans with all those suds1 Well done!:D

Reactions: name_bran

·
Supporting Vendor
428 Posts
I'll 2nd Bran's comments, Gator was great to work with and buy from.
Thanks Mark! We appreciate all of the love and support from everyone.

Your new Evora GT looks great in the picture you posted, beautiful angle! The bespoke body color exterior accents were a great choice!

We hope that you finally got to "stretch her legs" after your 1st service last week. Now it's time to see what she can do ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Trip mileage shows higher than total odometer mileage? (see dash photo in link to BaT) How? Does trip recording include reverse disance? Could anyone more knowledgeable than I, help?????. Don't think I've ever seen this, and not on either of my Evora cars......

·
Supporting Vendor
428 Posts
Trip mileage shows higher than total odometer mileage? (see dash photo in link to BaT) How? Does trip recording include reverse disance? Could anyone more knowledgeable than I, help?????. Don't think I've ever seen this, and not on either of my Evora cars......
Lotus UK completes a short test drive for quality control purposes as part of the initial build process. These miles are reset to zero in the engine computer by Lotus UK before leaving Hethel to be shipped to their original Lotus dealership. Trip meter does not get reset; therefore most new cars display this variation between trip meter and odometer.

Now you know the distance that your new Lotus drove around Hethel's test track ;)

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
That red one is WHAT I'd want but with no glass and louvers on rear hatch that can support the 430 wing! Only 2 yrs till I'm 60!!!

Reactions: Lckitty

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lotus UK completes a short test drive for quality control purposes as part of the initial build process. These miles are reset to zero in the engine computer by Lotus UK before leaving Hethel to be shipped to their original Lotus dealership. Trip meter does not get reset; therefore most new cars display this variation between trip meter and odometer.

Now you know the distance that your new Lotus drove around Hethel's test track ;)
Ah! Very interesting tidbit. Curious why they wouldn't take the time to reset the trip meter also when they reset the ODO to zero at factory. Attention to detail is not a Lotus thing, so not surprised :)

·
Registered
473 Posts

Ok, that explains it, and thanks...........

Reactions: GatorMS_Sales

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased this Lotus GT from Pagani Beverly Hills. All I can say is wow! I was the high bidder on BAT and the reserve wasn't met. But after the auction, we worked out a deal I was happy with that made sense for both parties. I wired the money and they put it on a flatbed and sent it down to me in San Diego per my request and now she is with me. Pagani Beverly Hills was excellent to work with and I would recommend them if you are looking to purchase anything from their inventory. This is not a plug for them and I have no relationship to them just simply stated easy to work with. The car was delivered super clean, they put plastic on every surface that was to be touched by the shipper, per my request, due to the current C19 situation and when it arrived I put on some gloves and took it all off. I wiped everything down when I took it off and felt more comfortable at that point. What a weird time we find ourselves in. On that note, I wish all of those out there who are ill or know someone ill, my best. Cars are great but feeling well and getting through this is #1.

This is my first Lotus. I've put about 100 miles on it so far and put it away in the garage because we have some rain this week. Put her up on the rack in the garage and admired the work of art. The underside of this car is beautiful, the paneling is exquisite. What I enjoyed most about this car differentiated from other cars I own and have owned is the steering, the handling, and that exhaust note as you go up in the rev range (even though I would like it louder!). The paint on this car is amazing. The carbon fiber pack, wow.

I just ordered the Decat Pipe and plan to install that this weekend. The lift in my garage should make that an easier job than putting it on jack stands.

Look forward to driving it more and getting to know some of you over time. Happy Lotusing....

It’ll be interesting to see what this ends up going for:

450-Mile 2020 Lotus Evora GT 2+2 6-Speed

·
Registered
586 Posts
That’s fantastic! Glad it worked out for you. You’ll only grow to love it more as you drive it.

Reactions: Lckitty and Rsfjg

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Congratulations! Gorgeous car. So glad you found quickly found why driving a Lotus is so addictive. They are such a tactile driving experience.

I have been a Lotus owner for over 40 years, a 67 Elan. I have driven Sevens, Elevens, early and later Elites, Esprits, Europas, Elise, and Evoras. All so tactile.
Mike Ostrov graciously allowed me to drive his '59 Elite. RHD, skinny tires on wire wheels on little roads. It was like taking a beautiful dancer out dancing. She is so good, she makes you look like a great dancer. The Evora carries on the feel and experience.

Best wishes,
Dan

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rfsjg, I just did my decat. A few pointers:
Make sure you have a deepset wrench set and exhaust expander kit before you start. I “free rented” mine from Advanced Auto. You MUST have one as the GRP pipe won’t just slide in.
You may have to whack a few clamps just to unseat them.
Once the clamps are off you can push/twist the cat out without whacking the exhaust or cat (2 knuckle scrapes).
Feel free to PM me if you need help... I have heaps of time ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rfsjg, I just did my decat. A few pointers:
Make sure you have a deepset wrench set and exhaust expander kit before you start. I “free rented” mine from Advanced Auto. You MUST have one as the GRP pipe won’t just slide in.
You may have to whack a few clamps just to unseat them.
Once the clamps are off you can push/twist the cat out without whacking the exhaust or cat (2 knuckle scrapes).
Feel free to PM me if you need help... I have heaps of time ;)
Thanks for the pointers! Hoping to protect the knuckles so I will tape up. Although, getting out of the Lotus once the job is done with banged up looking knuckles could be cool....just sayin'.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for the pointers! Hoping to protect the knuckles so I will tape up. Although, getting out of the Lotus once the job is done with banged up looking knuckles could be cool....just sayin'.

This video has some pointers, especially which screws to take off the under tray. I did not have to take the exhaust off like he and others.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh, that sound is so awesome!

741 - 760 of 855 Posts