The Lotus Cars Community banner

81 - 100 of 751 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
It's a shame all the people I've encountered at gas stations or on the streets missed this memo. It's usually either the first or second question they ask.
The other commonly asked question I get is, "How fast will it go?" In Williamson County, Texas the answer is no more than 45 mph....

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a shame all the people I've encountered at gas stations or on the streets missed this memo. It's usually either the first or second question they ask.
And they always assume its more, so that's cool at least.

I'm more curious if it was a buy or trade in deal and if so, what was traded in.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Correct questions:

Is she nimble? Hold a curve well? I bet you feel really involved when driving her spiritedly!

·
Loves to talk
891 Posts
Absolutely true on the street. Not only did they not get the memo, they don't even read the forum!
I meant in the clear on the forum. So do you want to ask how much or do I have to? :)

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Thanks International. Yeah, love the color, but the charge for it was a little tough to swallow, however once I saw the car in person there was no question that it was money well spent.

For those wondering, she came to $117,445 including destination charge. Has nobody posted the price sheet on the 2020 Evora GT? I though it was already up on this forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We all like to judge details, that's probably part of why we are attracted to Lotus in the first place. But overall, a new variant is a good thing.
I applaud any new buyer choosing an Evora over the default choice 911. That will help keep Lotus in the US market, and help the rest of us keep our Eliges working with new parts. I'm looking forward to buying future Lotus models too.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations Steve!

And having seen her in person, the car is absolutely gorgeous!

Good luck with it

Dave

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
... The dash looks similar, too, though another poster asked about the binnacle shape. Besides the additional 22 HP (non-carb) are there other mechanical changes, e.g., brakes, trans, suspension, etc. that someone has a list of? ...
Brakes: same as 400/410
Suspension: same as 410 i.e. dampers and lower spring seat dropped 5 mm to lower ride ht the same, geometry of 410, otherwise bushings, ARB's springs as per 400
Trans: manual has external oil heat exchanger, same as all 410', 430'a and later US 400's
Interior: same as 400 except maybe the Alcantara, leather comb's, Seats are CF backed version of Sparco 400 seats with striping and maybe higher quality leather, binnacle CF in place of Alcantara, door sills, cf

·
Registered
830 Posts
Also interesting that the wheel sizes (8 x 19 and 9.5 x 20) are the same for the 410 Sport and the GT (although the spokes are slightly different). The GT benefits from bigger tires, 245/35ZR 19 and 295/30ZR 20, versus the 410’s smaller 235/35ZR 19 and 285/30ZR 20. Not sure if it’s because of the CUP tire size availability or because of increased wheel well space.

·
Lotus Elise Type72D
27 Posts
Anyway to be quiet at startup?

Just bought a 2020 Evora GT, should be delivered to the dealer in the next three weeks (before end of July) for pickup. I think the car sounds great, but my wife says that the startup exhaust sound will wake up the kids in their bedroom over the garage. Usually these systems work by vacuum, and once the car is started at a louder note the vacuum kicks in and you can change to a quieter setting to leave the house, then bring the big sound back once on the road. Does anyone have any suggestions or method to keep the exhaust note quieter at startup?

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Show pic of car, pic of wife and kids. We’ll vote

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Does anyone have any suggestions or method to keep the exhaust note quieter at startup?
I think it already starts in "quiet" mode. Race, sport, and exhaust button make it louder, but I don't think there's a combination to make it quieter.

When I used to "borrow" my brother's car in the middle of the night, I'd just put it in neutral and roll it down the driveway before starting it. That's always an option.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,715 Posts
I think it already starts in "quiet" mode. Race, sport, and exhaust button make it louder, but I don't think there's a combination to make it quieter.

When I used to "borrow" my brother's car in the middle of the night, I'd just put it in neutral and roll it down the driveway before starting it. That's always an option.
Initial start up is with Exhaust open, falls right back to Normal/Touring Mode within a second unless, exhaust override (4xx cars) or Sport or Race is selected. Regardless of selections exhaust opens above about 4000 rpm and exhaust override button either opens exhaust if in normal setting, but closes it below 4000 if in Sport or Race.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Decades from now, they will remember how their very cool Dad left with style in the mornings.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Evora GT, should be delivered to the dealer in the next three weeks (before end of July) for pickup. I think the car sounds great, but my wife says that the startup exhaust sound will wake up the kids in their bedroom over the garage. Usually these systems work by vacuum, and once the car is started at a louder note the vacuum kicks in and you can change to a quieter setting to leave the house, then bring the big sound back once on the road. Does anyone have any suggestions or method to keep the exhaust note quieter at startup?
Geez, it’s pretty darn quite during start up :scratchhead:

In fact, I can’t wait to throw the GRP decat pipe on it. >:)

81 - 100 of 751 Posts