The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occurred to me that years past I started these, so let’s do another.

In the realm of all things Lotus, what goal might you have for this coming year? And not just for yourself or your car(s), but for Lotus itself.

I need to get the Elise properly legally registered. Since we retired from track duty I’ve kept insurance but have taken her out rarely. Recently we replaced a faulty O2 sensor so no codes and time to get inspection and wait in line at the DMV at least once to reregister. Might even put the street Nitrons on, we still have the full track setup. Great on smooth roads but not real life. And need to get some scratches on top buffed out.

I can only hope that people in Hethel are brewing up something for two years from now that I can not resist.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
My goal is to install a new set of GRP V3 tail lights and try out the IPS TEK that I had installed last year. I'm moving down to Alabama in two weeks, so I'll have access to some nice hilly roads to test it out on!

My hopes for Lotus are that they truly release a new global sports car this year. 2020 is the promised year. The last time Lotus had me excited was when the Evora GT430 came out, but then we didn't get that in the states. We never received a convertible version of the Evora in the past decade, despite being mentioned by Lotus throughout the years. They need to give the world something new to get excited about, rather than just a rewarmed design of a decade (or three) old car. My hope is that they excite us all.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
My goal is to install a new set of GRP V3 tail lights and try out the IPS TEK that I had installed last year. I'm moving down to Alabama in two weeks, so I'll have access to some nice hilly roads to test it out on!

My hopes for Lotus are that they truly release a new global sports car this year. 2020 is the promised year. The last time Lotus had me excited was when the Evora GT430 came out, but then we didn't get that in the states. We never received a convertible version of the Evora in the past decade, despite being mentioned by Lotus throughout the years. They need to give the world something new to get excited about, rather than just a rewarmed design of a decade (or three) old car. My hope is that they excite us all.
From my understanding, Lotus have been testing a new car at the track along side the Evija - I've been told it's build on the Evora chassis but follows the Evija design language and powered by a hybrid Volvo based engine...

·
Hickory, NC
984 Posts
Stomach the $1300 R/H axle in my Evora. Turns out, when you do over 100, the grease heats up, the boot slips off and throws out all the CV grease then a couple months go by and suddenly you hear clicking....
Facepalm ?‍♂

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stomach the $1300 R/H axle in my Evora. Turns out, when you do over 100, the grease heats up, the boot slips off and throws out all the CV grease then a couple months go by and suddenly you hear clicking....
Facepalm ?‍♂
I have cleaned up a mess like that before. Awful job.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
59 Posts
For myself: Finally get the S111 rear braces and Nitrons installed on the car as well as a mini battery, then go out and do at least one track day. I also need to force myself to get out and do some more rig photography with the car.

For Lotus: I think they need to offer a solid factory GT3/ GTE car up for the world. Lotus has been missing from motorsport for too long. If rumors are true and there is going to be an upper end Evora based car, this could be a perfect platform to get their feet back into the pool, so to speak. I would love to see Geely dump money into a racing program.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Get the master cylinder replaced (been sitting on jack stands for a couple weeks now)

Take a road trip down through the mountains of Kentucky/Tennessee

1 - 20 of 26 Posts