The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently considering the purchase of a 2021 Evora GT and am curious what discount off MSRP should be considered “good” given the current climate? I realize some car prices are inflated given shortages but there appears to be a fair amount of availability and Lotus has a new model pending.

I greatly appreciate any advice the group can offer.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will most likely depend on colors and options. Bland colors with no carbon with IPS will likely be discounted more than manual fun colors with carbon. The new model won't hit the streets for a while so I doubt it will influence prices......might actually raise them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will most likely depend on colors and options. Bland colors with no carbon with IPS will likely be discounted more than manual fun colors with carbon. The new model won't hit the streets for a while so I doubt it will influence prices......might actually raise them.
Thank you for your feedback. There are several colors we like; although, I do want a manual. I'll be in a better position to make a decision once the Emira is actually unveiled. I love the look of the GT, but understand the tech on the Emira will be better. If we like the look of the Emira and don't fine an appealing deal on a GT, we may just wait as we have other sports cars to enjoy in the meantime. That said, I've always been drawn to Lotus for some reason...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are good with white or red you can easily get in a new GT for low to mid-90s. I was told they're going to sweeten the deal another five k within the next month probably because of the new car reveal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are good with white or red you can easily get in a new GT for low to mid-90s. I was told they're going to sweeten the deal another five k within the next month probably because of the new car reveal.
We are fine with white or red, thank you for the information. I heard from a dealer today they are offering 5k in conquest which we qualify for due to one of our other cars.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I was shopping, conquest was only on the 2020 models, not on the 2021’s. It’s been 3 months since I purchased my 21, so things could of changed since then!

I went through Gator Motorsports, they were by far the best on price and were a pleasure to work with! They offered me the same percentage discount on any car be it a 20 or 21, any color, options etc.

I do not know what they have in stock.

most of the other dealerships I contacted were MSRP minus conquest/loyalty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My 2020 GT was a demo with 1300 miles. Not titled or warranty punched and I got it for $87. Sticker was $105. I thought it was a fair deal.

·
Registered
'21 Evora GT
7 Posts
I think the conquest and customer appreciation cash back dropped today. Apparently getting it on the 2021 I'm buying.

When I talked to them there were no discounts on any models because they were moving so quickly, but not sure if that's just what everyone says or what. I have been keeping track of their inventory though and they're clearing 3-5 Evora GTs in 2 weeks every time they get some in, so I sort of believe it.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
When I talked to them there were no discounts on any models because they were moving so quickly, but not sure if that's just what everyone says or what. ........
"America, the market, is not suffering. We've just had...the last three months. We've had our best sales that we've had in America. The GT Evora, they love it."

Matt Windle, Lotus Managing Director
July, 2021

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2020 GT was a demo with 1300 miles. Not titled or warranty punched and I got it for $87. Sticker was $105. I thought it was a fair deal.
@Elitex can you share your dealership experience a bit more? I’d be interested to know how you were able to get it marked down that much. How long did it take to negotiate? Did you have an existing relationship with the dealership? What tips/tricks can you offer? I ask bc my local dealership insisted that they “are not authorized” by Lotus to discount of MSRP. I figured that was BS, but don’t know how much below MSRP dealers can actually do.

·
Registered
78 Posts
@Elitex can you share your dealership experience a bit more? I’d be interested to know how you were able to get it marked down that much. How long did it take to negotiate? Did you have an existing relationship with the dealership? What tips/tricks can you offer? I ask bc my local dealership insisted that they “are not authorized” by Lotus to discount of MSRP. I figured that was BS, but don’t know how much below MSRP dealers can actually do.
I think it was a fair deal since it had 1300 miles on it. They had it listed for $93k. I did buy my 570s from them and have a Huracan on order. I am sure that helped some.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it was a fair deal since it had 1300 miles on it. They had it listed for $93k. I did buy my 570s from them and have a Huracan on order. I am sure that helped some.
Hi @Elitex any way you can help me out. I found a similar spec Evora and mentioned to the dealer I knew someone that purchased theirs (i.e., yours) at $87K. They want to be sure I’m bot BS-ing them (see email screenshot). Can you send me your Vin or build sheet so I can negotiate with the dealer? It would be a big help! I have no idea if there’s a DM option on Lotus Talk, but happy to share my email if you’d rather send offline.
64D0B7C7-2932-4604-8C6A-33F136F37C10.jpeg

·
Registered
166 Posts
The market has changed over the past 6 months and there is now extreme demand for opposite ends of the spectrum, utility vehicles and pleasure vehicles. Several owners got 25-30% off MSRP in 2020 and prior years but that was then, this is now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
MJB13, There is no way you are comparing apples to oranges here. Elitex's car isn't carbon and has base wheels and paint. That $116 MSRP one, it has carbon and other options. Not going to get that kind of deal.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
233 Posts
I honestly can’t imagine going to a dealer with someone else’s VIN and saying “I know a guy who paid x, I want the same deal.”
Agree. In my experience, the ability to negotiate with a dealer comes from there being a similar vehicle at another dealer that is available to purchase NOW, where you have received a written quote. Past purchases by others of vehicles that are no longer available would afford little leverage in negotiation, in my opinion. YMMV

·
Registered
78 Posts
MJB13, There is no way you are comparing apples to oranges here. Elitex's car isn't carbon and has base wheels and paint. That $116 MSRP one, it has carbon and other options. Not going to get that kind of deal.
Yep, exactly. @MJB13 You need to add $10-12k and it still doesn’t account for 1300 miles I had on my car.

Reactions: TJBNJ
1 - 20 of 26 Posts