The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yep, exactly. @MJB13 You need to add $10-12k and it still doesn’t account for 1300 miles I had on my car.

View attachment 1292236
@italia @TJBNJ @troyus @acslater @Elitex Just an update fo you all, the power of the lotus talk community is real. I received a few spec sheets from people who were able to negotiate with dealers. Having that as my ammo, and acting like I can go to other dealerships and get great deals, I was able to negotiate $7K off already. Now the question is… do I pull the trigger? I really want to, but I also like my money. The struggle is real. Thanks for the spec sheet, it helped.

·
Registered
07 Aspen White Exige S - MT
1,215 Posts
@italia @TJBNJ @troyus @acslater @Elitex Just an update fo you all, the power of the lotus talk community is real. I received a few spec sheets from people who were able to negotiate with dealers. Having that as my ammo, and acting like I can go to other dealerships and get great deals, I was able to negotiate $7K off already. Now the question is… do I pull the trigger? I really want to, but I also like my money. The struggle is real. Thanks for the spec sheet, it helped.
Why go thru all this if you arnt committed to purchasing in the end?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why go thru all this if you arnt committed to purchasing in the end?
…I mean why ask a question you don’t really care about what the answer is?…. You’re curious and just wan’t the info, right?. It wasn’t that much effort to go through doing all of this, but it was super helpful getting info to help me make a more informed decision. I wasn’t able to negotiate to my target price, and now I have reservations if I really want to depart with a large sum of money. I don’t think you need to be committed to purchasing something to negotiate, but you have to be serious about it. Being committed to purchasing means you’ll buy at any price. I think the moral of the story here for everyone on the forum that thinks you have to pay $10K over asking price, is that you can likely pay $10K under if you make an effort. Three weeks ago, there were 125 new or used Evora GT’s on AutoTrader, today there are 121. Sellers have prob sold about 4-7 GT’s in three weeks…or 1 GT very 3-6 days. They are equally unsure about what the market is doing, and we as consumers do have some leverage. I’m only going through the effort of telling you this because of the help many on the forum have provided me already, and I’d like to pass it along to anyone else interested in buying, that you can negotiate with a little effort.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That $7k before or after the Lotus conquest?

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
24 Posts
I’m currently considering the purchase of a 2021 Evora GT and am curious what discount off MSRP should be considered “good” given the current climate? I realize some car prices are inflated given shortages but there appears to be a fair amount of availability and Lotus has a new model pending.

I greatly appreciate any advice the group can offer.
I’m currently considering the purchase of a 2021 Evora GT and am curious what discount off MSRP should be considered “good” given the current climate? I realize some car prices are inflated given shortages but there appears to be a fair amount of availability and Lotus has a new model pending.

Lotus only has two o

lotus only has two offers currently 1) if you own a super car or muscle car you get $5000 rebate or if your a current Lotus owner you get $7000 rebate

·
Registered
10 Posts
That $7k before or after the Lotus conquest?
Nope, this was for a used vehicle. I think the conquest is only for new vehicles. But to differ with @Flynscotsman - the $5K rebate is not only for people who own super cars or muscle cars. I had two dealerships offer that to me for a new vehicle purchase, and I don’t have a super car. If you’re wondering what I have been able to get discounted on a new evora GT, one dealer offered the $5K conquest + an additional $1.5K for an automatic (MSRP ~$102K). When I turned that down, they called me up a week later and said they could do $5K + $3.5K. I don’t want an auto, so I’m turning it down, but just to show you what’s possible. Also, if you’re interested in leasing a new GT, Lotus’s and their leasing partner, Premier Financial Services, will mark down the entire sales tax if you lease. But not all dealers will tell you about that upfront. So if you feel like leasing, you could effectively negotiate $5K + $3.5K + $6.4K. Their lease plan is terrible, but if you wanted to do it, go ahead.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts