Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Doesn't look to be anything major wrecked on it, parts needed seem to be:
Front Bumper
Front Clam
Lower A panels
Headlights (original ones in trunk!)
Rear Diffuser

Offered at $67,900...

Looks like someone went cross country with it! I'm not sure if it was ever registered?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks decent. Sometimes makes me wonder why they didn't fix it but there do seem to be quite a few salvage dealers that just buy/clean up and resell rather then fix. Then again dealers are in the business to make money so if they can turn something for a profit without the cost of repairing more power to them! I found the original listing at copart

Just search lot 50252541. Link won't work for some reason

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
Based on the parts list - and DeRoure doesn't even show the GT yet, so these are 400 prices - you are looking at ~$12K in parts if you need the headlamps, and ~$9500 if you don't. Of course, you could look for used, but might be difficult with a GT. Add paint and labor to the $67.900.

·
Administrator
11,218 Posts
Looks like RF wheel is damaged as well...either repair/refinish or replace.

·
Loves to talk
1,601 Posts
The branded title makes it a risky deal at that ask IMO, especially as it is advertised without warranty. By the time all is fixed, this car will be under water given the rebuilt title.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I wonder what’s hiding underneath. My S hit a deer and had similar damage to this (although it only needed one light and the panels behind the wheels were fine), so with a low mileage GT which is worth a lot more to be totaled has me wondering what else could be wrong.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Certainly repairable. I think most of what happens (especially in this economy) is that it looks like a good deal and then you try and find parts and discover that they either are 1) super expensive or 2) long or just unknown lead times.

From my own experience the hard part of these rebuilds is not the labor; its getting all of the parts in your garage so you can work on it.

Also love the attention to detail in the ad :rolleyes:

"This DB11 has a CA-Salvage Certificate/Rebuildable and is sold AS-IS. "

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its strange that the upper nose of the car is damaged but the front bumper/airdam is not. And why are the headlights out? My guess is that this went back to the dealer for some sort of assessment that may have involved removing the clam or even an aborted rebuild but that the insurance pulled the plug and decided to cut their losses and send it to copart. Will definitively be hard to get the bodywork. I am hoping that if we keep this thread going for long enough the original owner will check and and tell us what happened.

·
Registered
2018 Evora 400
260 Posts
Also why is the roof painted? Doesn't all GTs come with a carbon roof? My guess roll over damage someone is hiding a lot of things with this one. Maybe new clams and bumpers as well.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Certainly repairable. I think most of what happens (especially in this economy) is that it looks like a good deal and then you try and find parts and discover that they either are 1) super expensive or 2) long or just unknown lead times.

From my own experience the hard part of these rebuilds is not the labor; its getting all of the parts in your garage so you can work on it.

Also love the attention to detail in the ad :rolleyes:

"This DB11 has a CA-Salvage Certificate/Rebuildable and is sold AS-IS. "
...and it's "Turbocharged"! So, it's one-of-a-kind!

·
Registered
2020 Evora GT, Metallic Racing Green
397 Posts
The color scheme is unusual- there are black mirrors like you'd get with black pack, but the roof and the front access tray are both red.

There is enough variation out there that I think it's plenty plausible that the paint scheme is factory.

·
Premium Member
2017 Evora 400
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The eBay ad says the car is sold!

Funnily enough between Copart & eBay it looks like the car was detailed.

Here's the engine bay when the car was for sale on copart:
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Light

Here's the engine bay of the car on eBay:
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

I am sick, but I find that amusing....:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
911 Posts
It has been relisted

Why did they put the clam and front bumper back on- they will all need to come off again to fix it.
To try and make more money of course. Fitting it together like this makes it seem like less damage has been done (plus the one side effect of easier to transport with it fitter more properly)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts