The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a 211 only forum?

I'd like to get in touch with a couple of US based 211 owners.

Tim Webb
AtomFest 2009 Promotions

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mini

Love the Gulf livery Mini avatar!!

I've got Ed Spreens old CS Championship Mini (1974 winner) - which I love.

Gordon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gulf Mini

Thanks for the note. That is the old mini. I sold it a couple of years ago to a very nice guy up in Canada. I'm now racing a Swift DB6 FF. I spent a great winter taking the car down to the bare metal and then respraying the car with the Gulf colors. It really looks good in the flesh.

I've attached a shot of the car while I was spraying the color.

I do miss running the mini!

Tim Webb
#24 Swift DB6

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mini

Great looking shell. Nice cage! I've got a 911 at just that state.

I hate Swift DB6's...they are soooo darn fast! I run a 1970 Royale RP-4 (1600 Lotus power) and they make me run with them...don't stand a chance! Great car really!

Gordon.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DB6

Gordon,

You are bringing a knife to a gun fight. The Royale is a great car, but a DB6 has 25+ years of development behind it. You can't beat push rod suspension and better aero.

That being said, Royales, Crossle 32s, Lotus 51, etc. are all great fun to drive!

Are you going to make it to the big event at Road America in July. There are well over 100 FF 1600s expected to attend. We hope to have 50 plus National FFs.

By the way, both of my folks grew up in SC.

Tim Webb
Swift DB6

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I've got a Lotus 61 I'm hoping to bring to R.A. Tried to last year but engine problems pretty much quashed that. Maybe this year.
the 2-11 forum listed above is a great source for technical info and occasionally certian Lotus people listen in and offer advice if needed.

Are you looking to get a 2-11 or do you already have one? If you have one, are you going to make it to LOG 29 in Birmingham in May? I,ve been trying to recruit as many 2-11 owners as I can find to bring them there for the Monday track day.

Al B
2-11 #204

1 - 7 of 7 Posts