The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am back as I’ve just bought a 2005 lotus Elise on Friday that has 212k miles. If anyone remembers or has read my thread on K24 swapping my 2007 Exige S track build (and I had another 170k mile 2007 Exige S prior to that which I never posted on this forum about)

I’ve posted some pictures of this Elise I picked up, it’s chrome orange (I think? Haven’t seen burnt orange in person to know) with a cluster that shows 212k (as well as previous car fax) the cluster doesn’t work (as most high mileage elige) so it very well might have 215k~ or so.

I flew out to Los Angeles from Phoenix and bought it, drove it around for two days in LA doing fun stuff then drove it back home the 6 hours to Phoenix, I am moving to our new house in North Carolina in 3 weeks where I’ll have a huge shop so the plan is to most likely K24 NA swap this one as well, as I’ve done it before and am very comfortable and familiar with the process.

VIN for anyone interested or might possibly know any history on the car

SCCPC11175HL34780

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Water
Water Sky Tire Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Gauge

·
Administrator
11,933 Posts
Congrats on your new car and big move to NC! Where in NC? There's quite a few members here most between Charlotte/Asheville/Raleigh. I'm up in the NE corner.

Reactions: AndreKlebleyev

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is one good looking elise with this much milage. Mine has 87K with 2 owners and it looks like nothing like yours. last owner daily drove it for last 10 years and put on 80K miles on it.

·
Registered
7,881 Posts
Love it except for the scoop to nowhere.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Neat story. Almost a shame to tear it down, but just keep using it as Daily driver beater to see how far it goes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is the engine tired? It would be cool to see a tear down of the 2zz to see how it holds up to 200k+ miles. I wonder how many intake cams it's had.
Im sorry I should’ve mentioned this but the 2nd owner who had it between roughly 180-210k (yes most of the mileage is the original first owner) claims he swapped another 2ZZ with lower mileage into it (I don’t have any paperwork for that of course) it has a few CELs related to O2 and the 2nd cam (6200rpm) not kicking in (which i experienced this issue with my 1st exige)

it’s not perfect but hey between driving around Los Angeles and the drive home I easily put about 500 miles on it without a hiccup. Just would be nice to have known how much gas I had, or the MPH I was going but I just stopped to fill every 150-170 miles.

·
Premium Member
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,657 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am back as I’ve just bought a 2005 lotus Elise on Friday that has 212k miles. If anyone remembers or has read my thread on K24 swapping my 2007 Exige S track build (and I had another 170k mile 2007 Exige S prior to that which I never posted on this forum about)

I’ve posted some pictures of this Elise I picked up, it’s chrome orange (I think? Haven’t seen burnt orange in person to know) with a cluster that shows 212k (as well as previous car fax) the cluster doesn’t work (as most high mileage elige) so it very well might have 215k~ or so.

I flew out to Los Angeles from Phoenix and bought it, drove it around for two days in LA doing fun stuff then drove it back home the 6 hours to Phoenix, I am moving to our new house in North Carolina in 3 weeks where I’ll have a huge shop so the plan is to most likely K24 NA swap this one as well, as I’ve done it before and am very comfortable and familiar with the process.

VIN for anyone interested or might possibly know any history on the car

SCCPC11175HL34780

View attachment 1306862 View attachment 1306863 View attachment 1306864 View attachment 1306865
Congrats! That’s awesome!

Just out of curiosity, what’s the ballpark price on doing a kswap?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
damn...dude! Every time I look at these cars, I fall in love! That side view.....pure sex!

Carry on!

Reactions: ballzley

·
Registered
2005 Elise
311 Posts
I re-soldered the cluster on mine. It is honestly pretty easy if you have ever used a soldering iron. If you are replacing it all then you might not care. Clean car for the miles for sure.

Reactions: 6TVRs+

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I enjoyed following your preview Lotus builds on youtube. Looking forward to seeing how your second run through on the ol kswap goes.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts